CH.17

The five kids were standing in a line in the fighting arena in front of Saraya, who was standing on a higher wooden stand, documents in her hands. She was wearing the outfit her cape flying around her as she moved. Argentina stood there next to them. she felt a bit awkward and a bit out of place, but she kept her face stoic and demeanour intact, concealing her fright and anxiety.

"Today, we are going to recruit five new guardians in the kingdom of Albania." Saraya was walking back and forth her arms behind her back, her aura basking in cheer authority as she lightly walked.

Not beating around the bush, Saraya said words that was both confidential and peculiar to the young kids, "First of all, you need to know that you will be the new guardians of the kingdom...of the human world." On what she said with a carefree voice the kids glanced at each other in confusions, Argentina not very surprised. She guessed that since guardians were different than normal guards it had to do directly or indirectly with other beings living here.

Jacob exclaimed with his gentleman like accent, "human kingdom? What do you mean by that? Are there other kingdoms around us?" He was frowning thinking that he was chosen to be a guardian because it was a honorable position, and he thought that it was a normal higher up military position. What caught him off guard is the possibility of having other creatures owning kingdoms. "Do you mean to say that other creatures have a ruling system?" He looked a bit disgusted, saying the word creature as a disgusting thing. Making all the kids around him huff and roll their eyes.

Saraya gazed at the boy and thought...we found the ignorant one. This is going to be fun.

She ignored his statements and continued talking, "you will not understand what I mean right now, but there are several worlds out there, unkown to us and unkown to others. We humans resides the human world or in other cases the upper world. I will explain that in details later on, but we are going to train you to fight, defend and withstand other beings that trespassed our lands with bad intentions." Once she finished Tia raised her hand up - a common way in her kingdom to ask for permission to speak- and Saraya knowing this she nodded at her to allow her to speak.

"Then what about human wars, are we only going to fight with humans or are we only going to interact with beings other than humans." Her tone was indifferent, her glowing face held a calm atmosphere, she was used to the idea of other inhumanly beings out there. Her body was sturdy and lively as she was used to the outdoor activities, hunting, fishing and swimming in ice lakes made her strong for her age.

Although all of them was a bit confused and a bit terrified at the idea of fighting other worldly beings, Argentina's heart was beating with excitement, her blood flowing rapidly making her face flush with awe, her eyes sparkling.

When Tia asked this question Saraya frowned, "there is a peace treaty between all humans as we want to get rid of the other beings, you can say we have bigger wars to take, so we are not having wars between each other. There is of course greed as some of the kingdoms don't agree with the rigidity of the idea of having one ruler for the whole empire, but that's how we have been living for hundreds of years. You can say that we learned from a huge mistake we made early on that we are trying to fix." She mumbled the last part not trying to make the first lesson for the little kids dark in context.

She perked up again at the gloomy atmosphere that hung up on the kids, "Fear not, you will understand everything in the next lecture of the intellectual aspect with me as your trainer." She continued looking at the documents. Clearing her throat she shouted "now I, Guardian Saraya Georgean am going to explain your roles and our roles as your guardians and trainers...I am going to teach you all about the intellectual and historical aspects of the requirements of being a guardian." She paused as Eliase came in their view with a carefree happy smile. He stood behind Saraya with light clothes that highlighted his physic, his sword in display.