CH.7

After a while they were still sitting on the bench not talking. Darkon was basking in the sun his eyes closed as he leaned his head. Humming softly with a slight smile. In the other hand Argentina was trying to calm down to settle her mind. He needed her to do something for him, but she needed to think how she would handle the situation. She wasn't sure what he needed her to do. At the same time she was very desperate to continue having food, he even said that she will have a shelter. She has been living on the streets for way too long. She missed having a comfortable bed or a good ceiling covering her head, protecting her. The question that was swirling in her mind was...

At what price?

She focused on the carefree person sitting next to her. " what do you want me to do?" She asked calmly. She needed a leveled up head to deal with that peculiar person. He grinned his eyes still closed.

"Finally...you talk. I thought you would never ask me." He suddenly opened his eyes looking at her from the corner of his eyes. He had a glint in his eyes that unsettled her. "A shelter, food and a fixed salary each month." He told her then closed his eyes again.

"That's not what I will do. That's what I will get. You didn't answer me." Argentina was slightly scared at how carefree he looked right now, she was sitting frowning at his smiling face, people passing them going on with their lives, the bustling streets made Argentina raise her voice, making her fear more visible.

He sighed Tsking in disapproval "Firstly, you sound like I will hit you or something. That's an offence to your first friend. I am hurt." He stretched his body leaning putting his chin on the palm of his hand looking at Argentina before he continued. "Secondly..." he plucked three stands from Argentina's hair suddenly making her wince. He smirked at her astonished face, he was holding his laugh as She blinked at his stunt. She got so mad, that she stood on the bench and started to hit him with both her hands on a fit of laughter of his as he shielded his face from her assault. "What. Are. You. Doing!?that hurt! " She was hitting him between each word.

"You called me an old man three times, what do you think I will do? Have you forgotten? one strand for each 'old man' you say." He was still laughing as she didn't stop hitting his shoulder.He held both her hands to stop her from hitting him, but She was frowning pushing her as away from his grip. Her frowning annoyed face glared at a mischievous blue one.

"Firstly, you are Not my first friend, secondly...the hair thing was before I knew that you are just like all of them." She turned her head away from him still struggling to free her hand. She will not break down, he is not worth it. He kept staring at her turned head with sad eyes. He was thinking that for a child her defense walls was so sturdy, he didn't know what to do.

He tskd getting annoyed, "I am your friend, and I am asking you for help, what? I can't?"

"You can, but what if I refused?" She turned her head to glare at him again challenging him, he knew that no friend leaves another friend when in need. And if she refused whatever he wanted her to do, he will abandon her...

He sighed letting go of her hand. "Do you think I have all that free time to be with you everyday?" She tilted her head in confusion.

"I am a guardian, I am always busy, how do you think I am always there with you?" He asked looking at the horizon with no expression..

"I have a time limit, ten days. And after that I will not be able to meet you everyday." he continued. Argentina sat down again looking at him not understanding a thing. "What do you mean?" Her voice was so close to breaking.

"I am a hardworking person, not trying to be proud or something," she rolled her eyes at him. "So, I had a permission to have ten days off of duty." He sighed again.