CH.5

"I can't be a friend with a freak"

"Go away! old lady."

"What's up with her hair, don't come close to her she might be cursed."

"Old lady , old lady, old lady..."

"Hey, hey. Don't cry..." he was looking left and right his hand is still patting her head. He was a young boy with a little girl crying with all her might. The crying intensified that she was screaming, she held her dress with two hands, weeping and screaming her eyes were closed and her eyes streamed endless tears with snot all over her face.

"What should I do? What should I do?"he stood up quickly not knowing what to do feeling flustered, he walked left and right.

"Okay, okay...should I hug her or something, oh god this is awkward." He quietly held her up and made her sit on his elbow. She automatically hugged his neck and kept crying, he awkwardly had his hands in the air not knowing what to do.

"Please stop crying...did I do something wrong?" She just clutched the collar of his shirt burying her head in his neck, but she only kept weeping.

He freezed not knowing what to do and he saw people walking and gazing at him.

The girl is crying! Do something.

He brought his hand and patted her head awkwardly, when he did that the girl's crying intensified. That made him take his hand away quickly, he was startled.

"Okay, is it your hair? I am sorry I won't touch it. It's okay." But she shook her head and lift her head  up from his neck and held his hand and put it again on her head, making the patting and caressing movement. The man silently gazed at her and what he speculated turned out right.

Her hair....

He gazed at her with warmness before caressing her hair gently and repeated, "your hair is beautiful, it's soft and silky...you are beautiful." Then she stared at him sniffing and crying.

"Are you feeling better now?" He gave her another handkerchief. They were sitting on a bench at the back of the Tavern, where they always meet.

She sniffed and glared at him wiping her tears, he looked at the bandages in her hand and back to her looking at the horizon not noticing how they loosened up.

"What's with that glare." He chuckled and stood up extending his hand for her to take. She continued glaring at him. the boy tskd and got a hold of her hand, she huffed and looked away.

With gentle movements he adjusted the bandages, he didn't talk neither did she. Slowly along the breeze sweeping by them she teared up and cried in silence and boy didn't pay her any mind, wanting her to let go of everything inside her heart. She was so young for her to be so bottled up, she had no one, no home and no friend. He even feels like she never had anyone pat her head that way before. He knew, she was bruised everywhere. The only thing she knew of human contact was either a hit or a shove.

The breeze that passed them turned cold, when the girl shivered she looked up at the boy who caressed her hand absent mindedly, to see the bangs of his hair covering his eyes. Putting a beautiful shadow over his nose bridge. She felt like he was like her, but what she felt coming from him was more...

He brightly perked up and by default the air seemed a little bit warmer and the sun passing a little bit brighter. "okay, we need to get rid of this glare, shouldn't we?" He smirked mischievously. The girl's eye sockets bulged as he held her hand firmly and pulled her behind him. She stared up from their joined hand to the back of his head, his back showed a faint smile making him seem so bright. The girl put her head down in shyness and from her side she squeezed as much as her small hand could with a secret smile.