Chapter 51

((SUP MY LOVELIES, I'M SO SORRY FOR BEING SO INACTIVE ;; *gets down on the floor* forgive me my babies ;;;;; Life got hard all of a sudden and I experienced </3 for the first time :((( but I'm okay now, thank you to those who still read even though I made you wait so long! ALSO please forgive any plot holes at the moment since I haven't updated in so long. I always read your comments and go back to fix what you guys point out <33))

CHUUYA'S POV**

I woke up right when the birds started to make noise outside my window. It must've been maybe 9 or 10 in the morning. The first thing I noticed was Y/n curled up next to me and hogging the comforter. I sat up, watching her lie there peacefully. Her back was to me, but I could notice the thin strands of hair gently moving to and from her face as soft breaths escaped her mouth.

She looked absolutely beautiful. I guess last night wasn't a dream, after all. The thought made me smile.

I decided I'd go ahead and get ready for the day, even though our mission wasn't until 3 in the afternoon. As I started to get out of bed, I felt Y/n's small hand gracefully touch my wrist. I looked over at her, not being able to hide my smile.

"What time..is it?" she asked sleepily.

"Early. Just go back to sleep. I'll make us some breakfast." I told her. She closed her eyes restfully and smiled.

"You can't cook, dummy." she said in a tired voice.

"We'll see about that." I rolled my eyes, in too good of a mood to argue. I went to wash up and change into my black pants and white-collared shirt. Nothing different from what I usually wore around the house. I tied my hair back like I always did and headed to the kitchen to find a quick meal. After searching through my fridge, I found some Yubari melon. It was pretty healthy, which I didn't care too much about. But, Y/n was probably more conscious of that stuff, so I started to prepare it.

I got pretty lost in thought while slicing the melon carefully, until I felt arms wrap around me from behind. I stiffened up and activated my ability quickly, turning around to see Y/n frozen and confused, emitting a red aura. I let out a snicker and set her free, setting the knife down.

"Sorry about that." I said with a half-smile. I admired the look of her. She was wrapped up in my sheets, her hair slightly askew

"Did you seriously forget I was here?" she asked with a teasing tone, smiling back and looking to see what I was preparing. I smirked, slightly tugging at the sheets when she wasn't paying attention. She let out a tiny gasp and gripped them, keeping them in place. "Hey!" she exclaimed softly, bumping me out of the way with her hip. "Is this some kind of melon?" she asked, turning her attention back to the cutting board.

"It's Yubari." I replied, nudging her out of the way so I could continue slicing.

"Yubari? Isn't that kind of high-end?" She looked around for a moment at my house. "Nevermind, that was a silly question." she smiled to herself. Her face suddenly lit up in panic. "Oh, shoot. We have a mission today at 3! What time is it now??"

"Don't panic, it's still early. We don't have to leave until around 1:30. I have to be there early to figure some things out. You'll just go with Aysai." I said calmly. I have to admit, those little bursts of panic where her eyes get all wide and she looks to me for comfort are kinda cute.

"Oh, okay." she let out a tiny breath of relief. "I should probably get dressed. I'll be right back." she said after a moment.

"No, that's okay. You can stay wrapped in the sheets." I said with a smirk. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Oh, hush." she giggled. I watched as she staggered off, being careful not to trip over the sheets. I kept my eyes on her until she left the room, savoring her image.