Fright

You opened your eyes when all the sounds stopped. It was then that you heard a new voice. A calmer, and more casual sounding one. Again, it wasn't clear what they were saying, and for a long while you could only clearly understand a few words.

"Come, Atsushi. Stand up."

"I hope you know that this isn't over, Dazai. The weretiger has a bounty on his head, and we will stop at nothing to capture him."

It was all so confusing, but for the strangest reason, you felt the need to peek. Curiosity had gotten the best of you, especially since the sound of that new voice. It sounded so calm and collected, like none of this was a big deal. You took a deep breath, and slowly peeked your head around the corner. Two people lay on the ground. A young boy and girl. There was also a man with silver hair and an odd haircut. There were 2 more men, and the blonde woman. You peeked your head more into the alley to get a better look. It was then you saw who the calm voice belonged to. A tall, slender man with chocolate hair, and a nice complexion. He spoke to a man with black hair, dyed white at the ends. They were both wearing long coats, but the brunette didn't look nearly as dangerous. Apparently, you peeked your head out too much, because the blonde woman looked up, directly into your eyes.

Your eyes widened with fear. This was a bad idea from the start. I should have ran when I had the chance! You exclaimed in your head. 

"Akutagawa-Senpai!" yelled the woman, pointing right at me. Everyone looked. The man with black hair, now known as Akutagawa, and even the chocolate haired man. Akutagawa sighed.

"It's fine, just go kill her." he said, without even hesitating. Akutagawa jumped onto the roof of the building, much to your surprise of how anyone could jump that high, and disappeared. The woman raised her gun right at you. You screamed and fell back. Your ears rung from the piercingly loud gunshot sound. She had shot at you with a pistol, and barely missed, grazing your cheek. When you dared to open you eyes, you saw the brunette man, grabbing her wrists and pointing the gun away, the woman struggling while still holding onto it.

"Let go!" She yelled, pointing it right at him.

"Now now, Akutagawa wouldn't be happy if you killed me just like that, would he?" You didn't stick around to hear anymore. You shot up off the ground and ran as fast as you could to another alleyway that was empty. You hid behind a dumpster, and touched your cheek. A small stream of blood made its way down your face, and your hands were shaking badly. 

You sat there for another 10 minutes, and heard some voices coming near you.

"Will Naomi and Junichirou be alright?"

"Yes, they'll be fine~ Kunikida came and picked them up. All we need to do is find that pretty woman."

"But, Dazai, she's probably already gone. She looked terrified." At this point, you didn't care if they saw you. Everyone had seen your face, so it didn't matter now. You closed your eyes and sprinted right out of the alleyway, not caring if they watched you. Unfortunately for you, they were closer than expected, and you ran right into one of them, falling on top of them. You scrambled to get up, whimpering with tears in your eyes and blood on your cheek.

"P-Please! I didn't see anything, d-don't kill me!!" You begged, looking up at the silver and brown haired men. 

"Hey, don't worry." Said the silver haired one. "We won't hurt you. We're the good guys." he had a sweet smile, and a calming presence. The taller man leaned down and gently stroked where you had been grazed, causing you to flinch with surprise. 

"Relax. My name is Dazai Osamu, and this is Atsushi Nakajima." his voice was soft, and it relaxed you for some reason. He spoke calmly and gently, as if speaking to a fragile dove. He stroked your cheek again, but you didn't flinch this time.

"I'm...I'm (Y/N).." 

"What a pretty name!" He chirped, breaking the calm mood. "I'm sorry you had to witness all of those horrific things. You see, Atsushi is new and kind of wanted."

"Hey!" exclaimed Atsushi. Dazai smiled and held his hand out to you. You placed your hand in his. You noticed the bandages he had, which made you think he was injured or something. He pulled you up, and stood with you, still holding your hand in his. His bangs hung over his eyes, and came down in the middle. His piercing brown eyes almost made your legs shake. A gentle breeze blew his hair, making it sway a little in the wind.

"Forgive me if this is a bit sudden, but.." You couldn't help but blush at his words. What did he want to ask that would be considered so sudden? He closed his eyes and gave a goofy smile. "Would you like to commit a double suicide with me?"

"D-Dazai! You can't ask ladies that!" Exclaimed Atsushi. You stared in disbelief. 

"S..Suicide..?" He nodded, looking happy. Atsushi moved in between you two, and you let your hands fall from Dazai's.

"I'm sorry miss, he didn't mean it." He said with a nervous smile. "We'd like you to come back to the Armed Detective Agency with us, please."

"What? You guys are with them?" Dazai pulled out his wallet and held up an ID picture, along with a license. 

"Yes, we are!" He said.

"W-Why do you guys want-"

"We just want to know what you saw, okay~?" stated Dazai. The way he spoke and acted made you feel like you couldn't say no. You swallowed, and nodded you head slowly.

"Alright..I'll come."