Chapter 31

Week 1 of bedrest. Dr. Miyano said you could go home after 3 weeks,  but you'd still have to remain in bed and take things slowly.

Dazai had made sure to visit you everyday, updating you on things with the ADA and the new ways he'd come up with to piss off Kunikida.

"Also, today I've brought a gift for you." said Dazai, smiling at you.

"Gift?" you asked, looking up at him with curiosity. He nodded, and suddenly Kenji burst through the door.

"Surprise Y/n!!" he exclaimed, holding a big bag of food in his hands. Ranpo and Atsushi came through, each holding something different.

"Hi, Y/n. How're you feeling?" asked Ranpo. He was holding what was clearly a bag of candies and treats. You couldn't help but smile at them and their kindness.

"I didn't realize you all were coming!" your face was red from flattery and happiness. 

"Why wouldn't we? If anything, we should've come earlier." said Atsushi, smiling and setting his bag on the table next to your bed. He reached in and pulled out some cute plushies, one of which was a little white tiger. "I didn't know what your favorite animal was, so I got the ones that reminded me of you." he said shyly.

"I love them all, Atsushi." you reached out and squeezed his hand out of gratitude, earning a blush from the timid boy. "I'll name this one after you."

Kenji handed Dazai his bag to set on the other side table. "This is for you to eat, Y/n. I figured you'd enjoy some Kitsune udon instead of hospital food." 

"That's really sweet of you, Kenji! I appreciate that!" you had eaten about an hour earlier, but the sound of Kitsune udon made you hungry again. Ranpo pulled some fruit gummies from his bag.

"Yeah, well you're gonna appreciate this even more. Behold, the best fruit gummies you can get in all of Japan!" he held them up with pride.

"You bought those from a gas station on our mission two days ago." said Kunikida, pushing his glasses up. When did he even get here??

Ranpo cleared his throat, offended and embarrassed .

"Well, Y/n was in my mind when I was buying it." he said, trying to save himself.

"It's okay, Ranpo. Thank you for the gummies." you said, smiling.

"Y/n? Are you alright?" you heard a woman's voice call from the entrance. It was Yosano. She approached your bed quickly and looked you over, taking your hands in hers. "I'm so sorry, dearest. The day of your accident I had been out of town. Otherwise I would've made it all better." she said, looking sincerely apologetic.

"No worries, I'm okay now." you reassured her. 

"I'd be happy to still do treatment on you. Though, I'd have to half-kill you first." she let go of your hands and smiled.

"I appreciate the thought..but I think that's a little much for me." you said, swallowing.

"You should let her do it," said Kenji. "you'd be healed today instead of laying in bed for who knows how long!" 

"I agree. It's the more logical thing here." said Ranpo, eating a chocolate filled panda. You looked tense, scared that you were about to be peer pressured into half-dying. Dazai placed a hand on yours, showing everyone a kind smile. His touch calmed you and made you feel safe and secure.

"I'm sure Y/n would prefer to rest here. Besides-"

"I'll do it." you said, a nervous feeling beginning to settle in your stomach. Dazai raised a brow.