Chapter 14

"Dazai!" You could feel tears build up as he raced towards you.

"Y/N!" His face was filled with worry, relief, and..fear? Your eyes widened a little as he pulled you into a sudden hug. His grip was strong and protective, making you feel secure instantly. You raised your arms and embraced him weakly, burying your face in his chest.

"Dazai..I-I'm so sorr-" He placed a finger over your lips, making your heart skip a beat. A relieved smile crossed his face, and his gaze calmed you.

"Don't be sorry, Y/N. None of this is your fault. Do you understand?" You stared up at him with a slightly red face, and nodded. He reached in his pocket and pulled out a key, which you assumed he stole. He relieved you of the cuffs, and you rubbed your sore and blistered wrists. He slipped his coat off, and covered you in it. You quickly gasped and pulled it around you entirely. The heat of the moment had caused you to completely forget that you were in nothing but a bra and underwear. "Let's go." He placed a hand on your back and ran with you to the door.

Gunshots were heard, and you yelped as one flew right next to your ear. It must've missed you by a millimeter. Dazai rushed you outside and into a waiting car. As soon as Dazai closed the door, the vehicle sped off, the gunshots fading in the distance.

"Is she okay?" Said the driver, whose voice was quite stressed. Dazai looked at you, keeping his eyes off your body. Curiosity and worry went through his mind, but he kept quiet.  

"Are you hurt?" asked Dazai, simply. You only shook your head. "She's fine, Kunikida-kun." A small smile appeared on your lips. You knew that voice sounded familiar.

Dazai pulled his house keys out, and you stood there next to him. He opened the door for you, and smiled kindly as you walked in. 

"I-I'm gonna go take a shower, okay?" You said quietly. He closed his eyes and grinned.

"Of course. I'll prepare a meal for you while you do that." You took his coat into the guest room, and closed the door. You could tell he was practically dying to ask you what happened. After all, when he arrived, you were half naked. 

The shower refreshed you, and your damp hair hung loosely as you changed into a fresh pair of clothes. Your stomach growled, yet all you really wanted was a nice, fresh glass of water. You peeked in the hallway, and heard Dazai shuffling around in his room. The smell of rice and meat made your mouth water, and you went into the kitchen to find a steaming bowl curry sitting at the table. A glass of water was next to it, and you smiled. You sat down and helped yourself to the delicious food, after quenching your thirst with the water.

You leaned back in your chair, completely stuffed. It was evening time, and you felt like you needed a nap.

"Y/N?" You looked up when you heard the curious voice from the other side of the room. You stood up and stared shyly, seeing as how you just finished the whole plate of food in no time. "Come here for a minute." He waved you over and you followed him into his room. 

You sat on the bed as he went in his bathroom to grab something. His room was neat, and well kept. You looked at him when he came back and sat next to you in the bed. He held a roll of bandages and some disinfectant. "May I see your hand?" You nodded and placed your hand in his. He examined your bruised and chafed wrist. The cuffs had really hurt you.

"It's from the cuffs. I guess I pulled on them too much." You told him. He nodded understandingly. 

"This may sting a bit." He applied the disinfectant with a cotton ball, and you flinched. It burned, but you put up with it. From the corner of your eye, you could see his eyes trailing from your wrist to your face, then back. You turned your head to look at him.

"I bet you're wanting to know what happened." You smiled reassuringly. "Nothing bad." His shoulders sunk from relief, but his face didn't change. His eyes met yours. 

"They didn't hurt you, did they?"

"No." It was hard for him to believe that, but he trusted you. You decided to continue. You told him about waking up in the dark room, and about Akutagawa and Chuuya. His face changed when you mentioned them. It wasn't clear to you whether it was a good sign or bad. You stopped around the part that involved Chuuya's drunken attempt to get some.  A small blush crept on your cheeks as you thought about it.

"Then?"

"Ah..well, then Chuuya had to go. After that, Akutagawa came in and splashed some water on me cause he said I stunk. I took my clothes off after he left, because they made me colder." He seemed less troubled after you said this. He continued bandaging your blisters as he listened. 

"Finished." He said. You pulled your hands away and placed them in your lap. 

"I'm sorry for making you all worry." His gaze shifted to you and he gave a warm smile.

"All that matters right now, is that you're safe." You smiled back at him. It was hard not to. He pulled you into a surprise hug, and you felt your cheeks heat up. His heart beat was steady, and calming. "I have to say, you really gave us a scare." You could feel his chest vibrate lowly as he spoke. He chuckled quietly. "When I found out your location, the entire Agency was relieved. I left immediately with Kunikida-kun." He smiled. "He was worried about you more so than the others. I could tell." You closed your eyes and relaxed against him. You smiled yourself, knowing how you were so cared about. 

"Thank you..it feels good to know that you all care about me as much I care about you." Your heart felt light and happy. "I..I knew that you'd come for me. I really did." You sighed happily into his chest. "Thank you." You recalled how he completely figured out your feelings for him, and even said he felt the same way. It was wonderful. Having someone actually return your feelings was amazing. With a sudden movement, you felt gentle hands on your shoulders.

And a pair of lips on yours.