Chapter 27

F/C = Favorite color

A couple of days had gone by normally, and you were falling more and more for Dazai each day. Sure, he was goofy. But, he was different. Really different. You could definitely say that he was the only guy who had ever asked you to do a double suicide with him, that's for sure.

You slept in on Wednesday morning, but only because Dazai didn't wake you. You yawned and sat up, immediately noticing a note on your bedside table. Curious, you picked it up and allowed your vision to focus on the words.

"Y/N,

            After work I will be stopping by the store. If there is anything you need, please let me know. I'm writing this note because I didn't want to wake you. You have my number. Tell me if anything goes wrong.

                                                                            P.S      Your sleeping face is absolutely adorable!!

                                             -Osamu"

You smiled at the note and rubbed your eye, yawning again. After showering and getting ready for the day, you noticed a text on your phone from Jyugo. You smiled to yourself, opening the message.

"Hey, you wanna check out the new clothing store at Motomachi?"

"Ye, I'm down. What time tho?"

You sent the text and stuck your phone in your pocket as you made your way to the kitchen for some cereal. After finishing your second bowl, you felt your phone vibrate. You pulled it out and opened your messages.

"How does noon sound?" You checked the time, seeing it was 11:30.

"That works fine. See ya soon!"

You washed your bowl in the sink and grabbed your purse. On the way out the door, you captured a glimpse of yourself in the living room mirror. You were wearing your F/C shirt with an adorable skirt to match. It had to have been in your top favorite outfits. You admired your figure for a moment, the happily skipped out the door. You locked it and shoved the spare key that Dazai had given you in your purse. As you made your way down the sidewalk, a thought came into your mind.

"Ah, I nearly forgot." You stopped walking and pulled your phone out to text Dazai.

"Morning! I'm going to Motomachi with a friend. I'm sure I'll be back before you get off work. Just letting you know."  You sent it and smiled, slipping your phone into your purse. Almost immediately you felt your phone vibrate with a text. You checked your phone again to see that it was from Jyugo.

"I'm really sorry Y/N. I forgot my sister was coming to town today. I won't have much time to see you since I gotta leave for the airport pretty soon. Next week maybe."

You sighed and replied, telling him that it was alright and you understood. Just then Dazai's text came in.

"A friend? Could it be the man from before..?"

"Nvm. He cancelled. But I think I'll still treat myself to some ice cream."  you responded, crossing the street. You walked another block, occasionally checking your phone for messages from Dazai. When he finally responded, you opened the message almost instantly.

"In that case, have fun! I'm about to go on a mission, so I won't text back much. Be safe and tell me when you get back to the house."

"Will do. And you'd better be safe too."

You arrived at the familiar ice cream shop, embracing the smell of chocolate syrup and cake icing as you entered. You ordered your favorite and sat down at one of the chairs by the window. As you became lost in thought, you contemplated your current situation in life. There was much to think about--Dazai, the Agency, the Mafia, yourself...it was so much. After about thirty minutes, you decided to take your leave. As you left the shop, you were unsure of what to do. You knew you'd be bored at Dazai's place, so you decided to poke around the shops that were nearby. After walking another two blocks, you heard a familiar voice to the left. Glancing down an alleyway, you saw none other than....Chuuya! You raised your eyebrows, shocked to see him. He seemed to be talking to another man who was hidden by the building wall. Soon enough, that man moved into view. It was....Dazai?!

Then you remembered. He had been part of Port Mafia. Was he double crossing the Agency right now? No..Dazai would never. You moved beside the wall so you could listen in and hide at the same time. A wave of deja vu washed over you as you listened to Dazai speak. It was hard to hear exactly what he was saying, so you moved closer. Chuuya's loud voice made you jump a little. 

"I knew that was you who put that bomb under my car, you rat bastard!" yelled Chuuya. Dazai laughed, putting his hands up in defense.

"Ah, Chuuya. It seems that after all this time you still can't take a joke." he mused.

"You call that a joke?! You nearly killed me!"

"That was the point." he chuckled. Chuuya gritted his teeth angrily and took a moment to calm himself down.

"Whatever. Aside from your shitty antics, you know exactly why I'm here. I want the white tiger."

"Ah, Atsushi! Yes, don't we all want a white tiger? Unfortunately, this one's not for sale. So, I suggest you look elsewhere."

"Dazai, you know better than anyone that I'm not one to come back empty-handed. I was told to either bring the boy, or bring you. Dead."

"I'm afraid you'll be leaving with neither of those things. So, I'm here to propose a deal."

"Yeah? Well I'm not here to listen." he raised a gun at Dazai's head.

"Scared to use your ability around me?" teased the brunette. "My, my. Chuuya, you sure are a funny one." And just like that, Chuuya fired the gun. You yelped at the sudden sound since you couldn't see what was going on. You covered your mouth in fear, scared half to death that one of them was dead. Wow, this felt familiar.