Chapter 19

You woke up again, maybe around 6 in the morning. Your face was pressed to Chuuya's chest, and he was holding you tight. It brought warmness to your heart, but also a bit of..guilt. Nothing could be helped at the moment. You sat up and stretched, feeling greasy and dirty. 

"Hope he won't mind if I have a quick shower.." You mumbled sleepily as you got out of his warm bed. The sky was barely lit, and rain only sprinkled. You quietly tiptoed to the bathroom, and closed the door. No point in locking it, he wasn't gonna be awake for another hour. The water was warm, and you showered quickly. Upon stepping out, you grabbed the closest towel, wrapping yourself in it. Just as you raised your arms to wring out your hair, the door swung open, and Chuuya stepped in as if expecting to catch you doing something bad.

"C-Chuuya?!"

"....Oh God." His face was bright red, and his mouth was gaping open.

"C-Close the door already!!" You yelped. He stumbled back and hit the wall. All he could do was turn around and cover his eyes.

"Just what do you think you're doing?!" He yelled from his flustered state.

"What does it look like?! Haven't you ever heard of showering? Or knocking??" You felt like you would die from embarrassment.

"Sh-Shutup! Gah.." He kept his eyes closed while trying to find the doorknob. He reached his hand out and grabbed the first thing he felt. He froze.

"CHUUYA WHAT THE HE-"

"DAMMIT I'M SORRY" 

Your hands flew over your chest. Being groped was really weird, and super uncomfortable. He eventually stumbled out of the room, nearly tripping. You closed the door as fast as you could, and stared at your bright red face in the mirror. You locked the door immediately, knowing it didn't really matter now.

Upon stepping out, you kept your gaze up, despite your lingering humiliation. Chuuya was gone, and that made you relax. You sighed, feeling a little better. Just as you did, he walked back in the room. He was fully dressed, hat and all. You folded your arms.

"I hope you're apologizing, cause I'm not." You hid your blush best you could, and looked away.

"Me apologize? Y-You're the one who got up without telling me! When I woke up and you were gone, I thought you'd run off or something! You can't blame me for searching. Besides, w-who uses the bathroom and doesn't lock the door??" His constant stutter was a sign that he was more embarrassed than you were.

"Who gropes someone for no reason?!"

"I was looking for the doorknob!! What'd you expect me to do, open my eyes??" You both stood there, pouty faces and pink cheeks. Silence filled the room, and your eyes never met his. "..I'm sorry, it was an accident." You looked up at him. "Most of it was. But I said sorry, alright?" He had a stubborn frown, and was forcing himself to look at you. Your expression softened. 

"It's fine. So what now? You'll go to work and lock me up here again?"

"Yeah." You sighed at his response. Why was this even a surprise?

"Can't you at least-"

"No, now come on. I'm taking you back to your room." He said as he turned away. Annoyance filled his voice, and irritation began to take over you.

"No." He stopped and looked back.

"I'm not asking you. Let's go." Stubbornness set in.

"Why? It's boring and lonely an-" Paralysis took you over suddenly, and red aura illuminated from both you and Chuuya. "Hey!" You yelled. You had almost completely forgotten about his powers. He pinned you against the wall with his ability, and stepped close. Uncomfortably close.

"As I said before," he said, releasing you from gravitational restraint. "I'm not asking." his tone was more serious, and his eyes were like piercing blades. You both lingered for a moment, trapped in eye contact. He gripped your arm, snapping you out of your trance. He was stronger than he looked, a lot stronger. He pulled you along the long hallway, and you didn't even try to struggle. He gave you a little push, and you stumbled into the room.

"Chuuya, wa-" The door closed, and Chuuya disappeared behind it. He had made sure to lock it carefully this time. You groaned loudly, and hopelessness filled you mind. "Dazai.." You mumbled. "Dazai." You said to yourself a bit louder. You looked at the door, as if expecting him to burst in and save you. You sank to floor, feeling suddenly upset. Sad. "DAZAI!!!" You yelled at the top of your lungs. Needless to say, it felt good to express some emotion by yelling. Yelling his name..

      Your snapped your head around to look at the door, which had started to shake. You stood up quickly, and Chuuya burst in, destroying the small bit of hope that it was Dazai coming to save you.

"Chuuya..?" You said quietly. He looked around immediately, still standing in the doorway. "What is it?" You questioned lowly. He sighed heavily and shook his head.

"Nothing. I just- I thought someone was here. It's nothing. Why were you screaming?"

"No reason.." You went and sat on the bed. "Just..expressing myself." Why had he acted so exasperated just a second ago? He lingered there, collecting his thoughts. You decided to test something. "Dazai." You said quickly. He opened his eyes and looked straight at you.

"I knew I heard you saying his name." He hissed.

"You don't like him? You barely even know hi-"

"I hate him! I can't believe I had to be partners with that--ugh." He grumbled.

"Wait, what? Partners?" You were confused, but interested.

"Nevermind. Just keep quiet. I'm going now." Without another word, he shut the door and locked it again. You were left alone with your many thoughts. If you ever got out of here, Dazai was gonna have to answer to a lot of questions..