Captive

You yelped as the strange man suddenly placed a cloth over your mouth, silencing your small scream following afterwards. As you stared up into his blue eyes, weakness took a hold of you, and everything around you faded away into darkness.

You awoke in some sort of cell-no, dungeon. That's what it looked like, anyways. The room was barely lit, and your head throbbed. You tried to stand up, but stopped when you felt cold metal around your ankles. Your heart suddenly sunk from dread, as you remembered the man with the hat.

"Am I..back at Port Mafia?" you quietly asked yourself.

"Yeah." You gasped and snapped your head in the direction of the voice. It was him, the one who brought you here. You swallowed and stared up at him from the floor, and he sighed and walked over. "What're you looking at? Something the matter?" He asked, sounding rather bored. You continued to stare. 

"Um..n-no..." You quickly looked at the ground, and the man crouched next you. You were surprised at how close he was when you raised your head.

"Y/N, right?"

"Y-Yeah.." He stood back up, the sleeve of his coat nearly smacked you in the face. 

"Chuuya Nakahara." He said bluntly.

"Chuuya..why am I here?" You asked right out. He tilted his head and looked down at you. "I didn't see anything, I swear! If you let me go now, I-"

"You think we kidnapped you cause you witnessed something?" He scoffed. You raised your eyebrows in surprise. 

"What? Then wh-" He turned to leave, completely ignoring you. "Hey, I'm talking to you!" You blurted, instantly regretting your decision. He turned around and shifted to look at you.

"Look, if we cared that much about taking care of witnesses, then trust me, there'd be a lot less people in this city." He paused as if he was thinking. He sighed and shook his head. "Whatever, it's not important right now." He finished, deciding not to give any more information away.

"I want to know."

"Good for you." He replied, turning his back to you and leaving. You huffed, and sat hopelessly on the floor. You weren't really scared, which surprised you. If the Mafia had wanted you dead, they would've killed you a long time ago. But here you are, still alive. 

Two hours went by, and you lifted your head when the door opened. This time it was a different man. His hair was black, except for a bit of white at the ends. He was taller, and wore a long black coat. He walked over to you, and you gazed up at him. He reached down and grabbed you by the hem of your shirt, yanking you towards him as he crouched to eye level. 

"How long have you been at the Agency?"

"Wha-" With a quick movement, he back handed you across the face, nearly knocking you over. Your face stung as he grabbed you by the hair and forced you to look at him.

"How long have you been at the Agency?" He repeated, this time a darker look on his face. 

"I-I don't know, almost a month?" You slightly shivered from fear and the burning feeling on your cheek.

"And just how close are you with the members of the Agency?"

"Are you asking, i-if I would betray the-" He slapped you again, causing you to let out a cry of pain.

"Just answer the question!" You looked back at him, a disheveled and scared look on your face.

"W-We're friends..I guess."

"You guess?"

"Y-Yes. We're friends." You swallowed and stared into his dull, grey eyes. "B-But Dazai is the one I'm most comfortable with.." You finished, expecting he'd want specifics.  He had his hand raised again to slap you, and you braced yourself. The slap never came.

"Dazai?" He asked, his hand frozen in mid-air. You nodded quickly.

"Yes, Dazai Osamu." He looked down, a grim look on his face.

"Tch." He stood up, and turned away without a single word. He left you alone, fearing and wondering what would to come next. About ten minutes passed, and the man had not come back.

You quietly gasped from fear as the door opened again. Chuuya came down the steps, somehow making you feel relieved. You curled up against the wall as Chuuya leaned against it a few feet away, folding his arms.

"What'd you say to him? He's pretty pissed."

"I..don't know.." You said quietly. Chuuya tilted his head to the side, and moved a little closer.

"He slap you or something?" All you could do was weakly nod. Chuuya looked off to the side, not seeming to care much.

"Chuuya." He looked down at you.

"Hm?"

"I don't...feel good." You lurched forward and suddenly began to vomit all over the floor.

"H-Hey, what the hell?! That's so gross!!" Yelled Chuuya. He stood there with his hands out in your direction, not really sure what to do. You coughed a bit, and threw up even more. Chuuya quickly ran over, leaned down next to you. and rubbed your back, figuring it was the only way he could help. Though it didn't really help, you took comfort in knowing he didn't want you to feel too bad. You coughed hard a few more times, and groaned. You sat back against the wall, hugging your knees. Chuuya was crouched next to you, studying your face.

"You..okay there?" You just looked at him with tired eyes.

"Y..Yeah.." You coughed again. "I guess I'm just nervous." Chuuya stood up and backed away to avoid the smell of vomit. 

"Well don't be." He lingered for a second, then grabbed you by your arm. You looked up.

"What're you-"

"Moving you. Come on." He took you over to the other side of the room, which had chains on the wall as well. You sighed, not really expecting any different. He leaned down and linked the cuffs around your ankles. You sat down immediately, feeling woozy. He turned around and made his way to the door. You felt a bit sad as you watched him leave.

"W..Where are you going?" You said without thinking.

"To get something to clean your mess up." He replied, still walking. You smiled a little. He wasn't as bad as he first seemed. In fact, he was nice. Compared to the other guy anyway. What a jerk. 

As you sat on the floor of the dungeon, you thought about how much trouble you'd probably caused the Agency by letting yourself get kidnapped. It also scared you to think what might happen if you make the taller black-haired man mad again. But, you knew not to panic or let your emotions take over. 

A part of you knew he'd be there to save you, regardless of the situation. Dazai Osamu.