Chapter 22

"Hurry up, we don't have all day!" called Chuuya from outside your room. It was the morning after the huge thunderstorm- which didn't last too long- yet the sky seemed to be rather bright.
"I know, I'm trying to fit into the outfit you gave me!" You did your best to squeeze into the pantyhose that he had previously handed you along with an outfit. Apparently he needed you to come to Port Mafia HQ with him, and refused to give you details. The outfit consisted of a slim white collared shirt, along with a tight black skirt and black pantyhose. You wore comfortable black pumps as well. It reminded you a bit of Yosano's outfit.

"Y/N, we have to leave. Now. What's taking so lon-" He was cut off when you opened the door, revealing how the clothes looked on you.

"Stop nagging me, I'm finished. And why do I have to wear this again? It's a little uncomfortable." You tugged at the skirt, and Chuuya simply gazed.

"Uh..nevermind that. Come on, let's go."

You both walked down the hall, then left his house. It was your first time getting a good look at the surroundings and yard. It was nice neighborhood, yet there weren't a lot of houses around. You followed Chuuya to a black car, and got in the passenger side.

~Time skip brought to you by Dazai doing some weird fortnite dance~

"Port Mafia is bigger than I expected.." You mumbled after stepping out of the car with Chuuya. He walked next to you, flashing an I.D to a guard when you both entered through glass doors.

"I know. It's kind of ironic, considering that it's supposed to be an underground organization."

"Yeah." You agreed as you both walked down long halls, Chuuya slightly ahead of you. While you were following him, someone passed you. Someone with white hair. Choppy, uneven, white hair. Your eyes widened as you whipped around to look behind you.

'Oh my God..is that Atsushi?!' you thought. And indeed, it was. Atsushi looked back at you, his eyes slightly wide with nervousness. You also noticed that he was wearing a different, darker outfit. Was he undercover or something? He raised a finger to his lips, signaling you to keep quiet. Then he proceeded to turn his back to you and continue walking as if nothing happened. He turned a corner, leaving your sight. You stood there, mouth agape. Did that really just happen? Did Atsushi Nakajima just walk past you in the middle of Port Mafia HQ?!

"Hey Y/N, what's taking so long? Keep up." called Chuuya, who was farther up ahead.

"U-Uh, sorry. Coming!" you quickly gathered yourself and caught up with him. Your heart raced with a sort of excitement and confusion. Did he come to save you? Was there going to be an infiltration? These thoughts ran through your mind as Chuuya knocked on a large door.

"Come in~" called a different voice. Chuuya opened the door for both of you, revealing a large and fancy room. A chair sat behind a desk, and in it was a man in a black coat. His hair was black as well, and seemed to be slicked back. He stood up and made his way over to you and Chuuya. He stuck his hand out to shake yours, and you hesitantly did so. "My name is Mori Ougai. I am the head of this lovely organization." he said with a smile as he drew his hand back.

"I'm..Y/N L/N."

"I'm aware. And you're with the Armed Detective Agency as well, correct?"

"No, I never worked there. I just..kind of stuck around, I guess."

"Do you have a special ability?"

"No."

"I see.." he thought for a moment, then turned his back to you. He soon turned back. "Well, no worries! I suppose there's still a position open for you~"

"Wait, what? Like a job?" You asked in disbelief as Chuuya stood silently next to you.

"Yes, and after your training, which Chuuya will help with, you-"

"Hey, why the hell do I have to help her!? Leave it to Akutagawa!" You stiffed up slightly at the mention of his name.

"Now, now, I am giving you this task because I feel that you'll do a proper job with it. That's all. Is there a problem with my orders?"

"Er..no sir.." he grumbled quietly.

"W-Wait, I don't..I don't want a job here!" you said, rather loudly. Both men turned their attention to you. You became slightly scared. Ougai placed his hands on your shoulders, and gave a friendly closed eyed smile.

"I know you miss your home, but we will give you a better life. I promise. I will personally make sure that everything is luxurious and to your best interest. How does that sound?" You looked at the ground, your heart slightly sinking.

"I..I don't want a big house. I don't want luxury. I want.." you sighed. "I want to go back." Ougai pulled away and kept his gaze on you.

"But, isn't working for me better than running from me? Why on earth would you want to go back?"

"Because she belongs with the Agency."

All three of you turned around to see a blonde man with a ponytail and glasses, standing there with a tranquilizer gun pointed forward.

"Kunikida!" you called, shocked and overjoyed. A strange look set in Ougai's face.

"I suppose it's time for me hire new guards.." he said quietly to himself.

"They didn't stand a chance anyway. Not against the ADA. Y/N, come here." You stepped forward with hesitation, but then paralysis took over you. A red glow surrounded you as Chuuya stepped forward.

"Those guards are useless. You should've taken me out first!" Chuuya turned and shoved you back, releasing you from his ability while you fell to the ground. Ougai was gone, as he was the only one that really needed to survive in order to keep Port Mafia in business. Chuuya began to activate his ability on Kunikida, but soon collapsed to his knees.

"Wha..What did you.." He turned his head to see a tranquilizer dart in his arm.

"Mistake number one. You took your eyes off your opponent." said Kunikida as he walked forward. He extended his hand to you, and you gladly took it.

"We have to be quick," he said as he helped you up. "it's only a matter of time befor-" You hugged him tightly. He stopped speaking, quite caught off guard by your action. You just wanted to make sure you weren't dreaming, that's all. He began to lightly pat your shoulder, and awkwardly cleared his throat. You pulled away and looked up at the tall man.

"S-Sorry, I'm just..I'm so happy to see you!" You felt tears of joy well up in your eyes. Suddenly the door opened, and you both turned to see a worried Atsushi poking his head through.

"Are you guys okay? Tanizaki is waiting with the helicopter on the roof."

"Tell him we'll be right up." replied Kunikida. Atsushi pressed his finger to an ear piece and began to speak as he left. You and Kunikida soon followed him down the hallway and into an elevator. You immediately hugged Atsushi, who stiffed up from shyness and nervousness.

"I've missed you all so much, you have no idea!" Your stomach filled with butterflies as you thought about one particular member of the ADA.

"We were all so worried about you, Y/N. Honestly, I was a little scared that we'd never get you back!" said Atsushi. You gazed at them both when you pulled away. The elevator came to a stop, and Kunikida spoke up.

"There should be a door on this floor, it'll lead us up to the roof."

"Any idea where it is?" you asked.

"I think we'll figure it out." said Atsushi with a small smile. When you all exited the elevator, you followed the signs pointing to stairs which would go to the roof. As you turned a corner, you were stopped by 6 men in black suits, all pointing their guns at you. Kunikida placed an arm in front of you to keep you behind him.

"We'll take care of them, run." he stated seriously. Atsushi used his ability to send 3 men flying from his strong tiger arm, while Kunikida dodges bullets and shot tranquilizer darts. While everyone was distracted, you ran past them and got to the door. You ran up the stairs and opened a door to reveal a helicopter with a few people standing around it. People from the Agency.