Chapter 46

You ran to him in what felt like slow motion. You cried his name and clung to him. Your grip was tight. You wanted to make sure he never left again, if he was even real. Every noise was drowned out, and you couldn't even hear yourself crying. You couldn't hear him saying your name, or telling you to calm down.

However, you could feel his hand on your lower back. You could feel the other touch the back of your head softly, as to pull you closer. You could feel his warmth against your skin.

You didn't know if you were dreaming or not, but it didn't matter. You just didn't want this moment to end.

He tightened his hug on you, making it feel all the more real.

"Ch-Chuuya..." you cried, "but h-how..?" 

"It doesn't matter. Are you okay?" he pulled away from you and looked you over. Your leg was slightly hovering as to not put pressure on your injured shin. His eyebrow twitched with irritation. "I'm sorry I didn't get here fast enough. I didn't mean for that asshole to lay a finger on you. I came as soon as I thought I heard your scre-" you interrupted him with another hug, squeezing him tighter than before.

"You're the asshole!" you cried, gripping onto his clothes. "I thought you were dead! They told me you were dead !"

"I'll explain it all later, okay? Let's get you somewhere safe." he pulled away and grabbed your heavy bag off the ground, slinging it over his shoulder. He then leaned over to pick you up bridal style, much to your surprise. Your face was still wet with tears, and your nose was red from crying. You held onto his shoulders tightly, burying your face in his neck. A red aura started to illuminate him, and you began to feel a strange shift in weight.

~Time skip brought to you by Chuuya doing the WAP dance~

You opened your eyes when Chuuya let you down from his arms gently. You held onto his shoulder for balance as he opened his front door for you. The familiar aroma of his nice living space made you feel nostalgic, in a good way. He lifted your shoulder over his to help you walk inside, but you pulled away.

"I'm fine, Chuuya. I can walk." you said, your eyes still slightly red from crying.

"Hell no. Look down at that bruise and tell me you can walk, again." he responded, motioning to your leg. You glanced down, still holding onto him for support.

"Oh, man.." a large purple bruise covered your shin, and you swallowed at the sight of it.

"Come on. Just let me help, Y/n." he lifted your arm over his shoulder and placed his free hand on your waist to help guide you into his bedroom. When you got there, he sat you on his red satin sheets and took his hat off, setting it atop his coat rack. He placed your bag on the floor next to his dresser. "Wait here." he said, disappearing into his bathroom and shuffling through some cabinets. You looked towards his bathroom and listened to his movements, trying to comprehend his presence. You just couldn't believe that he was really here.

You could now feel your shin throbbing intensely, distracting you from your thoughts. Chuuya came back with some bandages and a bottle of numbing cream in his hands.

"Honestly, if anyone knows how to get themselves into trouble, it's you." he said, kneeling down and opening the cream. You were quiet for a moment, watching him as he took care to your injury. This felt oddly familiar.

You were amazed that he was alive, and though you were truly ecstatic inside, you remembered the main problem behind your worries. 

"Chuuya..I got myself into a really bad situation." you said quietly. It felt weird talking to him. It was as if part of you still believed he was gone.