Chapter 36

Your eyes fluttered open, and the first thing you saw was Dazai standing at his dresser. He was wearing his usual beige pants with his light blue long-sleeve shirt. He appeared to rearranging his belongings so it didn't look messy. Though, while he was doing so you noticed how sad he looked.

His face looked somber. This caught your attention quickly. You sat up and yawned, raising your arms out for a stretch. Dazai looked in your direction and faked a smile.

"Good morning, Y/n. I hope you had a good rest." he said sweetly.

"I did. Are you okay..?" you questioned hesitantly. You were worried about making him feel worse by forcing him to address his problems with you.

"Peachy." he leaned over and pecked you on the lips, acting like he was perfectly fine.

"Okay." you responded, deciding to leave it alone for now. You glanced at the clock and noticed it was 10 in the morning. "Oh gosh, did you oversleep?" you asked, rubbing the sleepiness from your eyes. Dazai smiled and messed with his hair in the mirror.

"No, today is strictly for Kunikida and myself. We're meeting up to discuss our mission further."

"Oh. How long will you be gone?" you stood up and stretched again.

"I don't expect to be gone any later than 1. If that changes I'll be sure to call." He put his vest on and adjusted the little blue pendant on his collar. You walked over and hugged him from behind.

"Okay, be safe. Also, I'm sorry for being so dramatic last night." you apologized. Dazai turned around placed a hand on your head lovingly. He gave an adorable closed eyed smile.

"If anyone should apologize, it should be me for making you worry. I can understand why you were upset. But, everything is okay now. Right?"

"Right." you smiled up at him. 

"After I finish with Kunikida, how about you meet me at the forum and we can do a little shopping? Then, we can dress in our new accessories and leave this world together~."

"I'm all for that idea. Minus the last part." you insisted.

"One day." he replied, humming as he finished fixing himself. "Will you be okay while I'm gone?"

"I'm sure I'll be fine." you nodded, leaning against his wall. Dazai's face suddenly turned surprised.

"Oh, I just remembered something.." he looked at you apologetically. "Y/n, could you please do me a huge favor? I'll pay you back with whatever you want." he pleaded.

"What's that?" you asked, tilting your head to the side.

"I need you to drop something off for me. If you just give it to Atsushi, he'll know what to do with it."

"I don't mind. It's better than staying inside all day. What is it?" you gave him your full attention. Dazai looked around in his drawers and bedside table before he remembered that it was in the kitchen. He left his room with you following behind.

"Ah, here it is." he grabbed a stack of papers off the kitchen counter. "It's my overdue report."

"Nice," you took it from him. "I'm guessing Atsushi typed this?"

"Hah, no. If he did then it would've been turned in on time~." he admitted shyly. You rolled your eyes and smiled, not expecting any different. 

"Okay, well I'll go ahead and get ready and head to the Agency." you told him, waving the papers around. Dazai leaned down and kissed you softly.

"I'd walk you there, but I'm in a hurry. Be safe, and text me when you make it." he smiled happily at your gorgeous face.

"Will do. You do the same." you said with a grin as you leaned up on your toes and planted another kiss on his lips. "Now, begone!" You smacked his ass, causing him to jump a little. You both suddenly started laughing.