Chapter 10: Reagent

"You've been living in a cave for a long time, I guess.", Denrose started laughing in disbelief, while Y/N is staring at the manic person, asking what's wrong with this life. "That's the most accurate statement I could describe you."

On the back of Y/N's mind, thoughts inside were like, 'Had Chaeyoung already got to back her home?', and that's why Y/N is starting to trace back the reason why Denrose was laughing.

"I only said her name and nothing else. Her name's not weird for you to laugh about it."

Despite the thorough explanation, Denrose just laughed more, so Y/N directed on the phone to call on for a psychiatrist's consultation. Y/N doesn't want some psychotic person nearby and would be an addendum to the problems.

"I know what you're trying to do, but kindly put that damn phone down!"

"I explained my side. It's finally your turn."

Denrose rolled her eyes and just took out her phone, typing something. Y/N, thinking that Denrose had been neglecting the unanswered question, took the phone out again. Just in time, Denrose hoisted her phone up approximately 6 inches away from Y/N's eyes.

"I did not even have to use my most advanced technology equipment to know the person. Let's say there are a lot of people named Son Chaeyoung, but given a chance, I would like to show you this Son Chaeyoung first."

Y/N was silent the whole time Denrose talked. Denrose's hand was staying still for 10 minutes, which made her regret showing Y/N the phone when she could've found another way. Seeing how Y/N is reading the information on her phone, she could verify that she is correct.

"Now, there's a big chance that I'm right.", Denrose needed to put her tired arm. "But, seriously, you are one damn lucky person, being able to interact with the girl."

"Impossible."

"For a person who lived inside a cave for too long, it's not that impossible.", said Denrose, who was about to laugh again but just cautious if ever Y/N's gonna threaten her also.

"But why in those times?"

"Your time dwelling on the historical times and renaissance is finally over, Y/N."

"I'm not going to judge you by any statement you are going to provide me.", Tzuyu entered as Chaeyoung let her come in. "And it might not be the right time to talk about it, but I'll still be here anytime."

"It's Dahyun.", with a frown and a broken heart, Chaeyoung took a huge pillow to hug on. Tzuyu noticed she kept squeezing the pillow towards her chest as if she imagined Chaeyoung doing it to Dahyun.

"Hey. Calm down.", Tzuyu started to take the pillow from Chaeyoung while talking to her. She doesn't like seeing how mad Chaeyoung was with her other friend.

"She revealed what I begged for her to keep as a secret."

Chaeyoung's grip tightened, and that made Tzuyu stop whatever she's planning to do. Tzuyu just moved her arms in reverse and tilted her ear closer, indicating that she's listening well.

"Well, what's that secret about?"

With hesitation, Chaeyoung started to think of how she was betrayed. There's no point in keeping it, though, when one of them already shared it. "It was a person whom I just met, and Dahyun was able to see the two of us."