Chapter 40: You

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

As this is the end, I would like to thank everyone who tried to read this fic (I know this fic is not good compared to my previous fics as I tried a new concept and style; and I made this trying to fit in with my thesis time. Thankfully, I was able to finish this and not made my readers wait), but still, thank you very much. I just wanna say that this might be my last creation as I am about to head on my last year in nursing school (currently anxious on board exams; need to focus) so wish me luck! And here you go with the last chapter.

Roses. Petals of roses. No one ever has an idea if you ever liked these roses. Sadly, these petals of roses are falling down for you as you go below the ground. Now, they are disappearing and will wither together with you.

"Condolences."

Each people are giving handshakes in serenity, not looking back at the newly-tilled soil. Some are going back to their cars after the whole ceremony just ended. Some were left with black umbrellas, not being seen who they are up above the skies.

"I think it's time for us to return."

There was this person who would like to lie down together with the covered grave. So unhealthy so other people would dare to speak out. The latter can't even cry, still processing how it happened and why they are in a secluded cemetery. Punching the soft soil, the latter stood up and started to disperse from the place.

Days were passing by, and the whole house was solemn and barren. Some people dared to knock outside, and there was this one who would always come back and wait for extended hours in the doorway. There was no more answer, though.

"Your feeling is valid, but there are more things that need to be done."

Another person had visited this time which caused the latter to add another pillow to cover these sensitive ears. Later, somebody's coming again after waking up from a deep sleep.

"What are you trying to do?! You need to save her!"

"Where is she?!"

"I hope you get well soon and come back to work."

"Where's the strong one that we used to know?!"

Those were too familiar to hear now, but still, no one's coming out. Others couldn't understand the condition as they were too blinded to their own self-interest.

"I'm not here to speak against anything. Just please, come out and eat."

Seriously, when will they give up? The woman settled herself and the lunchbox she made with love and consideration. Guess she needs to wait for a long time again and come back tomorrow if the latter still decides to ignore everyone.

"I know you are having a hard time losing two people at the same time.", Dahyun raised her voice enough for the latter to hear. "How about you? Do you want to lose yourself also?"

"I don't want to lose you in that way. I feel like I'm not helping you enough."

Dahyun waited for almost 6 hours outside for nearly three days now after the burial. A total of 18 hours and additional hours of cooking and preparing foods.

"I hope you'll stop fasting. I need you to bring yourself back. And that'll be surely enough for me. I guess I'll be going now. You can come out anytime and decide for yourself if you're going to eat what I cooked for you."