Chapter 22: Out

"Alright. I'm out of here."

Without letting the two see Y/N further, Y/N decided to escape and use the shortcut on that park. Letting another step, Y/N felt a hand pull the latter back, wasting another step.

"Aren't you going to say sorry to my friend?", Y/N could only snicker, seeing how bold the woman is, but her eyes were not focusing on Y/N as she had her eyes on Mina's foot. "Can't you see you made a red mark on my friend's foot?!"

"What do you want me to do?", turning away from Jihyo and showing off to Mina, Y/N's eyebrows perked higher with haughtiness. "Shall I carry you again then?"

Mina was dumbfounded, thinking what this person was talking about. The last time she could remember, the stranger who's with Dahyun was the last one who carried her. A sound distracted her when Jihyo appeared between them as Jihyo stared at Y/N with her face nearer. "Yah! What are you- your face is quite familiar."

Y/N's face also moved forward to the point that Jihyo and Y/N's foreheads were attached. Raising a hand in the form of carrying a shot, Y/N laughed at Jihyo, who was in awe at what she's seeing.

"Ganbae?", Y/N's neck tilted a little. "Y'know, I'm in a rough time right now. You called me a mere loner before. For me not to be a loner, will you accompany me?"

"Only if you tell me your name."

"That's nonsense!"

"If not, then, bye!", Jihyo pulled Mina together with her while Mina is still looking back at Y/N. "Find someone else who will accompany you for the rest of your life, mere loner!"

If Y/N's laugh is only loud enough, indeed, that laugh would never cease for a moment. Y/N had fun teasing Jihyo, and Jihyo feels the same too.

"And also, thank you for the ride on your back last time, horsey!"

And that, the cruellest saying that one can mumble from the mouth, made those laughter disappear in an instant. Mina was sorry and hoped to meet the latter again.

"Rude.", Y/N could only talk to the tree and the leftover stones that were not yet kicked. Kicking those stones again, it's as if throwing away the painful words Y/N had received. "I regret it. What a nice day."

On the other hand, Mina softly pulled herself away from Jihyo's grasp. Jihyo made a face, asking Mina what's wrong. "I guess you are about to say that what I did was way out of line."

Mina did not answer, but Jihyo knows that she's right about Mina's thoughts. Jihyo just smiled at Mina and motioned her to continue walking with her. With Mina following her, Jihyo suddenly ceased and turned back to look at Mina. "Carried you- again?"

"Hmm?"

"You know that that was the person who carried me last time when I was drunk?"

"How would I know?"

"Had that person carried you before?"

Mina smiled brightly and continued walking, making it Jihyo's time to follow her now. Both are wondering many thoughts, but they absolutely wouldn't want to be in tandem as they had secrets their own way. "I think so. I could remember the face of someone who saved me before Dahyun could come."

"Dahyun?"

"Yes, come to think of it, Dahyun is keeping a secret from you."

"H-how'd you know?"