Chapter 2: Hello

"What did you say?"

Chaeyoung glanced at the person, hoping for good communication from a stranger. Hearing no words, she offered her right hand to welcome that stranger in her life. With a smirk, the latter shrugged it off then started looking at the walls. Chaeyoung noted how this person looks like. Obviously taller than her, has that medium-sized black sling bag, dresses up like a hooked-up fellow with ripped jeans and a beanie hat. Looks urban.

"Hello?", Chaeyoung meant it when she offered her hand once again, hoping for a genuine acknowledgment this time. Still, it didn't go well as how she anticipated. "The colors, if they were resprayed, I bet it would be excellent. I respect the artist."

The latter looked at her for the last time before grasping the sling bag's belt then started to walk away, leaving Chaeyoung behind. Chaeyoung was astounded at the sudden action, but she managed to catch up with that rude stranger. She trusted the stranger better than those two men she witnessed awhile ago. She walked behind, but she really wanted to start a conversation. "You did not accept my welcoming hand, but that's alright. Well, how about you tell me why you spoke like that and why were you even on that alley? Looking at how you dress, you look like an artist yourself. A stylish artist! Were you looking for arts also?"

It was finally bright, and so she was able to appreciate the face of the one standing before her. The bright rays of the sun. She could see the halo. Did God finally send this human to her? The person doesn't look too good and neither bad. Together with the days of the sun, the latter's eyes reflected in Chaeyoung's eyes also. "Stray cat."

"Huh?"

"Move away."

Only that time did Chaeyoung realized there was a stray cat on that stranger's sling bag. Maybe having that black color of the cat wasn't visible enough on that dark alley. Chaeyoung was pushed away by that stranger's hand, and it's still alright for her.

"'Tis' your sibling?"

The latter took the other stray cat that looked the same as the one inside the sling bag. Chaeyoung smiled at what she saw. The person placed it inside the sling bag together with the other cat.

"Do you like stray cats?"

"Yeah. I consider them as my family, although I belong to a large one."

What did she mean by that? Shrinking of those thoughts, Chaeyoung felt the soft fur of those stray cats on her hands, and she squealed when one of them acknowledged her. The cat did even clench her paws on Chaeyoung's finger.

"Mind giving that cat to me?"

"They are siblings. How would it feel if you were separated from a loved one?"

Those words are enough to cause tinnitus to Chaeyoung and enough to have the sign of vertigo. A recent breakup made her react aggressively to it. It didn't much stop her from grabbing one of the cats. It was the black one.

"They aren't siblings. That doesn't mean they came from the same place; you would automatically assume that they are. Simply look at their colors, this one is black, and that one is gray!", Chaeyoung was stomping, triggered enough on how rude this stranger is. How could this stranger remind her of a breakup? Of her broken heart? "Geez. You know what? I'm done being good."

Walking away from the stranger, she heard a boisterous laugh that was let out. She turned around to see that the latter was already in front of her again. The latter looked straightly at her. It wasn't much, but the latter offered a hand, which this time, Chaeyoung was the one who did not heed. The stranger, who might not be adapted to rejections, moved those floating hands to caress the fur of the stolen stray cat.