Chapter 36: Think

"JYP entertainment sucks right now, eh?"

Chaeyoung was baffled the moment she agreed to meet the boy who had broken her heart. She knows she's only up for this reason. She thinks she's weak enough for a manipulator. While behaving on her seat, with her hands holding her folded knees tightly, there was a black bag shown to her, and she could see all of the contents inside.

"Someone inside your company works like that?", he laughed and teased Chaeyoung about it. "Tell me, is this the reason why you had backed out from me?"

"I don't understand."

"Cut the chase, Chaeyoung.", he yelled surprisingly, and perceiving Chaeyoung be frightened enough, he turned and enacted back to being naive. "Sorry about my sudden anger issues."

"Don't worry. I'm used to it."

"You have your so-called 'manager' that was very overprotective to you last time. Do you remember? In the convenience store? With Mina?"

Chaeyoung was trying to gather all of her ex's words and what they mean. 'So he found out about what Y/N's job is?'

"What about it?"

Pushing the bag a little more towards Chaeyoung, the man had started to laugh in disbelief and got himself his cigarette. For him, it's either Chaeyoung is stupid or Chaeyoung is attempting to dismiss for the sake of something.

"That's from your so-called manager."

He observed what Chaeyoung's reaction would be, studying every inch of her and knowing if she would react in a normal way to find something more shocking. On the other hand, Chaeyoung was careful. It's the least that she could do.

"Traitor."

"Y-you're back."

'With how she acts somehow shocked, does she expect me not to?', Y/N pondered and tried to remember how Denrose was this calling friend. "Yeah. I know it took me a long time before I could come back. I hope you didn't waste a lot of tea."

As Tigris came near Y/N, her fur helped Y/N grab onto something. What an adorable furry ball that Y/N can't afford to throw her to Denrose.

"Not much, but I'm fond. What took you so long? Perhaps, you were following a wrong way again?"

"That's 'perhaps'.", Y/N took a bag of tea, making Denrose be directed if Y/N would drink tea. Why not ask her to do so? "Well, Denrose? Had you gotten a new mission? It seems like it's been a while since you were on the field."

"It wasn't even for a while. Remember, I was the one to relay 'Wolf' to you. And no, I haven't had one yet since you won't ask for my hand."

"How about sidelines?"

The hot water pressure reached its level, so it met the tiny particles of the tea. How fresh that there are fragments of leaves. Y/N decided to give it to Denrose instead to have a calm moment while talking about their lives. For the first time, Y/N had witnessed that Denrose wasn't eager to drink the tea and crossed her legs instead.

"Sidelines? I do.", Denrose spoke without another hint. Y/N was hoping that Denrose wouldn't have it the hard way and just confess all of her plans. "If staring here in this house, cleaning everything is a sideline, that's it."

Guess she wants Y/N to interfere sooner and ruin whatever her plans are. Denrose was pondering how near her plans were to be discovered, but it's okay. No one will be hurt by it.