Chapter 24: Nudged

While two pair of eyes are escaping at the moment, two pair of eyes are trying to grip on each other just by simply glaring. The ones who fled were hoping that no heated moment shall happen. In pardon to the place, Mina decided to pay at the counter instantly and did not remain for a "thank you" from the salesman. After purchasing the strawberries, Mina's long fingers proceeded to open the pack and is trying to feed it directly to Chaeyoung's mouth for her to be distracted.

"Come on, eat.", Mina smiled at her, but Chaeyoung did not even budge.

"Will they be alright inside?"

If only Mina could curse, she would do so at their so-called manager for not following them. Why does that person be even bold and courageous enough? The latter should be glad that Mina is a hundred percent innocent from that stuff.

"Just who are you more concerned, Chaeyoung?"

Poor strawberries inside the pack, they all rolled out when Mina was willing to give up carrying them just to hold Chaeyoung's hands. It doesn't matter anyway. Chaeyoung doesn't care enough about those rolling strawberries. No more favoritism. People over food.

The guy was curious and was standing tall, still scowling at their so-called manager. Positioning himself in an open stance to be prepared for an attack caused by the fierce eyes. The manager started to walk towards the guy that it made him more combat-ready to see a hand approaching his face.

"I'm sorry if my eyes bothered you. People usually misinterpret these orbs.", the hand was redirected to a product near his face. "I just wanted this limited product."

Taking a chip from the storage, the man did not even move away and continued to look at the other one who purposely bumped him a little.

"And I needed this other one for one of the members.", waving the other chips in front of the man; it made him more annoyed. "You can have your time now."

Slowly walking away, the man escaped from the moment. He rummaged on his pants in a swift moment and brought up his hands to dial on his phone. His hands were shaking, and even his mouth was quivering, eager to talk to the other side.

"Can I have some ideas about all of their managers' names? If possible, can I see their photos too?"

"Wait.", Chaeyoung slowly turned to look at Mina in a hesitating way. "That was not one of our managers, Mina unnie! Wait, a new manager?"

Chaeyoung was so eager to know, and she doesn't know what to feel if it is possible at the moment. Her reactions were all mixed up. This is not a tranquil night as there's a war inside her mind.

"Please, tell me! Why are you together?"

"And why are you so eager to know about it?"

To somehow escape from Chaeyoung's questions, Mina thought that another pack wouldn't be left to waste. Good thing she didn't open both bags of strawberries.

"Come on, do you know that person?"

"Stop being a baby. We met coincidentally, and even coincidentally saw you being uncomfortable with that strange guy.", Y/N swiftly came out of the store. "I acted out to save a damsel in distress, and you have a trustworthy friend to do it together with me. Not only a trustworthy friend, a smart one, as she knows how plays in theatre should go on without looking at the skit on the stage.