Chapter 27: Owns

"So you weren't joking? No part of your supposed-to-be acting is a joke?"

"Do you think I am a comedian?"

There was a verbal fight that broke out when Y/N insisted Denrose was pulling off a not-so-nice prank. To be honest, Y/N was convinced that Denrose was genuine, but there's this feeling of anxiousness that Y/N wouldn't want to believe if it's not Denrose.

"Then who could it be?"

"Y/N, why are you so even fretted just by heading out of your car?", Denrose crossed her arms, anticipating an apology. "You haven't brought something suspicious, did you? If so, you would've called me."

"That's the thing! I did not need to call you since I thought it was you who was right behind my back!", Y/N is getting more uncomfortable as the conversation goes on. "And yes, I am bringing something on the boot that's not supposed to be brought home."

"Then, why had you brought it?!"

"Partly for the mission and partly forgotten."

Y/N shrugged. Denrose sighed and took something near her hands to throw it to Y/N's head. The nearest was an empty water bottle, and nevertheless, Denrose still threw it. "You are endangering us!"

"Hey! There's no need to put a hill on my head!", Y/N was so distracted that the water bottle really landed on top. "Geez. Women and their emotions."

"Wow. Everyone has emotions. Yours might not have totally resurfaced yet.", Denrose tapped Y/N's head carefully. "Don't worry. I could sense you are getting there!"

"What are you talking about?!", pulling Denrose's hands away. "It's no time to talk about feelings, emotions, whatsoever. We have serious matters in our hands."

"And what should we do about it than letting life go on?"

"Just how calmer can you get? As if you hadn't thrown something on my head!", Y/N seriously got mad right now. "Check on the CCTVs on our parking lot!"

Letting Y/N's words pass through the other side of her ear, Denrose did not even bulge to do something. Like a little bit actress herself, she pursued it by pretending that she got lost herself.

"Can you hear me?"

"TBH, I just ordered some wirings and a new monitor."

"What?"

"You could look at it yourself.", Denrose is making Y/N more disappointed right now. "And don't ever think that I'm lying cause I'm taking this scenario seriously. Just as how unlucky you are, maybe something's up for a reason."

"And what reason?!"

"Your soonest failure."

Clenching hands, Dahyun ventured to run away again, but the lights turned on at that side. No more shadow, only a person herself with a hint of doubt.

"I thought that it was Chaeyoung whom I should have my eyes laid upon.", the latter was pacing with heavy footsteps. "Not until I discovered this."

"This moment? It's just a one-time moment, unnie!"

"And this one time matters!"

"Look.", Dahyun took a seat on the table and pretended to expand imagery of a map or something as if she is planning something. "I don't know what got on to Chaeyoung for her to blurt it. Let's consider something out of bounds. What if something happened between the two of them that we did not witness?"