Chapter 16: Oxygen

"How bright."

The full moon's illumination reflected on Chaeyoung's eyes as she thought that just the simplistic palette of the moon would fit to whatever art she was to make for the next time. Her fingers made a rectangle shape and tried to get the moon's best angle to make even better art.

"Haven't I had seen the same phase of the moon every time I meet Y/N?"

Closing her eyes at the very moment, she managed to keep the face of the full moon inside her mind, moving it on each angle she had imagined it would ideally look. 'Why is your face showing up?'

When she opened her eyes, she realized she had missed some point on Y/N's latest finger. The red stain on that white shirt. What was that?

"I got another arrival.", Y/N was talking through the phone. "But I can't get it out of the boot."

"Why? It isn't that heavy, right?", Denrose's voice was cracking, indicating that she has a poor signal status, but she still managed to talk to Y/N and to find out if everything's alright without her over there.

"You know your other role, and I'm not used to it."

"Granted."

"You have a heavy-duty?"

"Seems sturdy, but manageable. Don't worry, I'll be back there in a nick of time since you need me."

"No, take your time. The package outside could wait."

"Well, where is the Y/N who had doubts sending me off beforehand?"

Y/N ignored Denrose just this time, thinking of reasons to keep her away for the moment while Chaeyoung is trying to get through the crisis of her life. How Y/N wished that the moonlight would also be a guide on a night for Chaeyoung, and hopes that Chaeyoung should be looking at the moon by now. "Luna."

"Hey, Y/N? Are you still there?"

No, Y/N isn't there to keep on the phone. When Y/N opened the door because of a soft knock, Chaeyoung was right there outside, not willing to make some footprints inside Y/N's room. She had her head bowed down, trying to avoid Y/N, who was gazing at her. "I assume you might have heard some howling?"

"Eh?"

"Are you afraid of something at this night?"

"Should there be something to be afraid of?", at least Chaeyoung was hoping for a 'no' from Y/N. Seeing that red on Y/N's shirt this morning, she was pretty uncertain of what else to think about Y/N. "Tell me, should I be scared of something when I'm inside this home?"

Y/N used to be an excellent psychological reader of human minds, but Chaeyoung is the first to not be like anybody else. Backward, that's how Y/N's feet moved until reaching the open windows. "If you are anxious, come inside. Maybe a companion would be a conventional thing for you to deal with your sudden anxiousness."

The moon was bright enough that even with the lights off, Y/N could see Chaeyoung's whole body zooming in as she enters slowly. Was she afraid of something? Did she need Y/N's protection on this dark night? Chaeyoung gradually positioned herself on Y/N's bed, wary of what Y/N's reaction would be, which she couldn't see as she could only see Y/N's silhouette. With no reprimanding yells, Chaeyoung is convinced that maybe it's okay. As her head is descending slowly, she could finally see the trace of Y/N's view, looking at the moon, still whispering the words, "Luna.", but she ignored Y/N's lips.