Chapter 23: Unplug

"Now, I need statements.", Denrose got out automatically from her room, hearing no voices of an outsider. "Faster, I need new news."

Almost shocked, Denrose was the one to witness Y/N piling up the art materials one by one. Just as perfectionist the latter was, each of the art materials has the same scent of a fresh one, and the colours were arranged from lightest to darkest, and no excess of space could be seen.

"Just like the developmental stages.", after being done of the piles, Y/N did not dare to touch the art materials this time.

"I heard the girl was invited to an art event last time. Pardon my partial memory loss as I cannot perfectly relay the exact event.", Denrose was impressed yet was used to it already. "If I am to say what you're currently doing, piling those a bit different than how you did last time, I could only say one thing. You are telling me that you'll let her hands set on that blank canvass?"

"For yet."

"Was your suspicions long forgotten?"

It was a crushing feeling, and Y/N could feel the black paint spreading throughout the walls. Since when did emotions deceive Y/N? Y/N kept on saving people, and who's there to save Y/N? Was Y/N really saving people? Or are these fragments of karma for the previous lying bodies on the ground with spilt black paint.

"Blackout."

'It's been two weeks since I last encountered Y/N.', Chaeyoung thought to herself while looking at the water slowly dripping in time towards her throat.

"You'll have a water overdose!", Momo held the water to stop Chaeyoung, who's drinking nonstop.

"Is there such a term, though?", Jeongyeon laughed, throwing her towel towards Momo, and it landed perfectly over Momo's head, covering her entire face. "You look like a virgin with the white towel over your stupid head."

"Yah! It's not funny!"

Having to prepare and focus on their work is challenging over time as they deal with too much hardship that they did not even have time left for themselves. Even slight humour is enough to make them have a big laugh. Chaeyoung laughed along with her laughing members.

Jihyo just grinned, and it was apparent something's inside her head for those past weeks. She might be deadly serious throughout their preparations, and her serious face is typical not until now when she turned over to Dahyun. Dahyun had noticed the distance with her previous partner, and she needed to think positively that the cause is because of their lost time. However, Jihyo had this super bond with Mina that they would even prefer to walk alone by themselves.

"I need my alone time.", Mina just smiled at Jihyo, and Jihyo understands that it was a ruckus inside that Mina needs to deal with alone.

"If you need a companion, I'm only one call away."

Mina nodded and walked alone without the members noticing, or maybe some could've seen her, but it's a normal thing for them. Smiling at her managers, she knows they also understood what's up with her.

Having to see what's outside, so far different from a room filled with heads and voices, Mina appreciated the world. There's this feeling of lacking something just by looking at the moon. 'When is the sunlight going to touch my skin again?'

And in a moment, it was not the sun who touched her, but a human itself that she was trying to dodge at this moment. It caused her pupils to dilate, attempting to accumulate a more detailed view of this dark. It's not pleasing, and it gets awkward at the moment.