Chapter 3: Obstruction

Without showing more minutes, the footsteps walked away from the place, making Chaeyoung's head pop out instantly. Chaeyoung was scanning all around to see if the person is still there, but gladly, no one was there.

"Who was that?", she puffed with a whistle of a rustle. Clearing everything, she started to walk away from the place as she decided to finally go home. The wind gave her a different kind of creep, so she decided to look back and side-by-side. "Why do I feel like I'm being watched?"

She shrugged it off and ignored it. Maybe it was her mind playing with her. Perhaps it was the karma as she stimulated her body with lots of alcohol before. An impediment that could make her knees falter.

"I've heard you proposed an art to the director for our upcoming album?", the leader was trying to be more welcoming to the younger one. "Pass?"

Chaeyoung did not answer, so Jihyo took this as a message not to continue talking about it. If there's one thing a leader should do, it's to adjust with her members. "Hey! Look! I have a friend who happens to be your fan and would like your suggestions on her room art! She fancies your doodles, and she is planning to doodle all around her room. I never understand art, and so it would be good if you come by. Well, only if you have time."

Jihyo thought it would be the best for Chaeyoung every time they speak of art, but Chaeyoung doesn't feel the same at the moment. It's like she was offended by the talk.

"I did not pass. Currently, I'm not a qualified artist.", Chaeyoung dropped down her cup on the sink languidly, turned to look at the leader with a sad and burning gaze. "You have a lot of connections. Why bother me?"

Chaeyoung could only curse herself for talking like that. She met the eldest but did not even bother to chat with her. She could sense how Nayeon stared at her behind her back.

"What about this time?", the two thought that Chaeyoung was nowhere around that they started talking. Supporting herself on the wall, Chaeyoung just let herself eavesdrop. She knows all of her members are hurting because of her revenge actions. She only needs a hammer to knock on her head for her to stop herself.

"I don't know what to do about it anymore, unnie.", Jihyo's hands were spread on the kitchen counter. Nayeon just patted her back. "My heart has been broken too recently, but why?"

"Give the kid some more time. Each one has a different kind of coping."

"So, you also have a mature side within you.", Mina popped out with Sana as they passed on the different way from where Chaeyoung was currently hiding. Sana was carrying the small grocery bags and placed them on the counter. "Warning, though. If Chaeyoung heard you call her a kid, she would lose her mind than what her mind is right now."

"I could just laugh.", Nayeon was reminiscing on her mind how Chaeyoung would sulk every now and then upon hearing her being called their kid. Everyone wants that kind of Chaeyoung back. "How I wish time would turn back."

"You act more like a kid."

"Stop right there!", after placing all of the grocery bags, Sana fished out something in her pockets, confused about where she put it. "Ahh. Here it is. Hope this could solve her problem. Well, not all, but a bit."

Chaeyoung tried to glance over, but Sana's back is covering what she just took out. Her friends, doing everything they could just to try to bring her back, was enough for her to make her get inside her room again and make the guilt eat her flesh. She did not have to see what Sana showed up. She doesn't even know if it's effective. Why was she so sad about everything in this life? A couple of minutes later, there was a knock on her room, and she knows who it could be. With her lazy feet, she just needed to do that shallow thing.