Chapter 28: Union

On the other side, the guy did receive a notification. At first, he wasn't that eager to know about the next update, but it made him shriek in laughter as he got what he wanted. Even though his phone had dropped, he continued howling alone in his room. Gaining all of his senses, he called the man, and the man even answered for a ring.

"That's it for tonight."

"What do you mean?"

"You have been successful!", throwing his phone on his bed, he clapped around and set it on loudspeaker. "Now, that person whom you had taken a picture of, I want you to take care of that person. And by care, you know what I meant by that."

"Yes, I'll do my best and in a quicker way."

His usual smirk turned down when he apprehended that taking care of that someone is not what he really wanted. At a swift pace, before the call will go off, he made a whistling sound to call on his boy. "Wait! No, no, no, no! That's not what I wanted!"

"What is it that you want to happen then?"

"How could I bring a person down without knowing something about that person?!", he was yelling and massaging his temples. "I want you to give me some bits of information first before I'm letting go."

"Are you sure about-"

"Are you questioning my plans? That's what I wanted. Now set off and be that person's stalker now and not Twice's."

Seeing those glazing eyes, Chaeyoung had witnessed how those eyes had faltered slowly. Confused about what is happening, Chaeyoung could also feel how her heart started to pump as it reduced slowly.

"What are you trying to do to me?"

And for the first time, Chaeyoung took a step back from Y/N, who had reached out. Y/N's hands were not falling back and continued to reach out to the girl whose feelings had become withdrawn.

"I'm just trying to bring you home."

"What 'home'? If you're trying to take me to your 'home', there's no way I would!", Chaeyoung warned. "And me being the artist you want for that stupid blank canvass, I haven't thought anything suitable for it, so might as well cancel me!"

Chaeyoung knows how serious Y/N is when even Y/N's eyes aren't blinking and is still standing there looking straight at her.

"Okay, you're canceled.", Y/N started going out of the alley, leaving Chaeyoung alone with disbelief.

"Yeah. Just like you are. Your true colors are showing."

She only gave a last glance at the art she repainted and started to go farther away from the place. May it not be a goodbye, but she doesn't want to come back again. Forgetting what happy hour is, her feet had started to lead her home.

"Yeah. I'm home, Y/N."

She utters as if she's not alone; in fact, she walked home all alone. Having a hard time opening the door, for the last, she scanned around the area before totally shutting the door.

"Why do I feel sad about our last encounter?"

Two hands are on her chest, on the level of her heart. It feels like a sin for her to feel that way as she knows Y/N is up to something bad. It's as if the more she sticks with Y/N, she is considered an accomplice. No more will she be in partnership with evil deeds for once more.