Chapter 20: Effect

"Huh?"

Even if the person was far away from Mina's reach since she was glued where she was, her eyes weren't leaving the back of the person who helped her.

"Yah! Mina unnie! Why are you here?", a petite person popped up right in front of her. "Ahh! Better tell me the reason before I'm going to report to the members that you got out of your bed when it was only a day that passed by."

"Shh!", Mina gripped Chaeyoung's mouth. "Don't blackmail me like that. Reminder, I'm two years older than you."

"Ageism!"

"I speak of truth. Give me freedom too."

"That, I'll accept."

With a pout, Chaeyoung had conceded, but Mina's eyes were still looking at something that's supposed to be far away, so Chaeyoung followed her gaze. "Yah! Where are you looking at?!"

"Just saw a mascot dancing, but you weren't able to grasp the sight since you are a kid.", Mina teased her but with a soft voice that no one should sulk about it. "How about we go home together?"

"Not a bad idea. I'll be here to protect you."

"Not so late, but 2 minutes late is still counted as tardiness.", Ivan rolled his eyes as soon as Y/N arrived. "Are you even taking this seriously?"

"Wow. What's your story?"

With all these papers that have lines that no one would be able to understand unless if they belong to the group. Coffee was offered on Y/N's table, willingly taking it. This has got to be a long night.

"I heard of the 'wolf'. Had you heard the same thing? If not, I assume you were still as ignorant as ever."

"What 'wolf'?"

"As usual, you are the same guy who is a sleeping child.", flipping a coin, the coin landed towards Ivan, who caught it in his hands. "We must find that 'Wolf'. Even if it takes the entire forest for us to see him, we must see him."

"That's easy; their eyes are shining in the dark."

"Don't be overconfident. They have packs.", after everything that Y/N had said, Ivan made a howling sound. "Time starts now. We must go."

"Tell me something about this 'wolf'.", a gun was pointed on the head of an alive blooded man as he was down on bended knees. "Is this business headed by the 'wolf'?"

"Just kill me before I would have the opportunity to report to the 'wolf' about you.", the man's teeth were showing blood in between. "You traitor!"

Before saying anything more senseless, Y/N's foot managed to knock him down. Motioning the lowers, they are expert on what to do that made Y/N leave them behind. "I hate the smell of blood."

"Makes you hungry?", Ivan chuckled. "Let's proceed to a feast."

Both hands of Y/N made a clicking sound of the gun that was yet to keep and let Ivan see the whole on it. Yes, direct to his eyes, that made him laugh more. "What's wrong with a modest celebration? We deserved it, honestly."

"You, fool. That's no time for that and not something big. More bloody game to come. I will only celebrate if we caught the wolf in our hands."

"You're obsessed."

"From the very beginning, I am."

The tension is escalating, and Y/N's on advantage since the gun is already facing the man, and it only needs a pinch of the trigger to blow one head away. They hated each other so much that it does need another person to suspend their opposition."Y/N, may I talk to you?"