Chapter 14: Truthfully

"Good morning.", Y/N surprised an overslept Chaeyoung with a grumpy face. "You woke up on a bad side of the bed?"

Chaeyoung kept on rotating her fist on her not-so-fully opened eyes. She's somewhat glad that the sunrise couldn't penetrate Y/N's home directly as the windows were overlaid with thin furry curtains. As her eyes could manage to view what's in front of her finally, she could see how Y/N is aggressively gulping the cup noodles. Y/N saw that Chaeyoung's mouth was hanging, seeing the cup noodles.

"I'm sorry I never had time to know how to prepare myself decent foods.", Y/N shrugged, not even offering something to Chaeyoung. "But if you have cooking skills, you are free to roam around the kitchen."

"You sure about that?"

"You are paying, so who am I to stop you?", it was then that Y/N is already done with the noodles and just shoot the cup on the trashcan like an all-star basketball player. "Shoot."

"Will you be heading somewhere after?"

Chaeyoung asked it when Y/N grabbed a coat on a hanger. Y/N looked at her, displeased, cause it felt like Chaeyoung is an automatic CCTV with eyes roaming around, stuck on Y/N.

"Last night, you asked me for you to stay with me. Would you always want me near you?", Chaeyoung became silent, but Y/N didn't hesitate to keep on moving. "You're a grownup woman already. Even the time does not stay even for a second."

"Now, what is it that you are looking for?"

The man was now cross-examining Mina, who is uncomfortable talking alone, but she has to do this. Inside Mina's mind, she kept on counting 1,2,3, and then back again, that even the 1 to 3 countings reached a 60-second count, which is not accurate.

"Young lady, if you are trying to waste time inside your head, do not waste my time as we may have different ones.", the man was somehow impatient, and that caused Mina to wince and asked herself to count three more. "Are you gonna say-"

"Tell me where around this place has an art that could open another location!"

That's it! Mina blurted out, not trying to get a mental block as she had retained everything that Somi had told them about. The frontman was in reverence that she had finally spoken, but he didn't seem to get what Mina had told him.

"Young lady, a time machine and teleportation devices aren't available in museums."

"I-it's not those type!", Mina's hands were shaking in front. "I was saying that there's something in here that could lead to another pathway by touching one of the artworks."

Moving the chair back, the man got up and started walking back and forth. He removed his glasses as his forehead began to form wrinkles like he is undergoing a serious problem.

"Look, what you are saying might not be in this museum. I've worked here for almost a decade without knowing there is one passageway."

'Maybe Somi was wrong or had misinterpreted something.', Mina looked down and took out her phone to check for her little notes about Somi's storytelling session last time. "Well, mister, how about a different exit route from the main exit?"

"A fire exit?"

'This is not going well.', electrocuted inside her mind, she would like to take a rest and maybe find another way in finding out the person. "I've nothing left to say, mister. I guess I'm mistaken with all my speculations. That's all. Thank you for lending me much of your time."