Chapter 32: Miss

"Oh! Y/N!"

It was a soft calling from the person who just got outside. As if many cars pass by on a private place, Dahyun still viewed all directions before crossing the road to where Y/N stands alone with a soulless body. Indeed, Dahyun was looking up on Y/N's unexplainable face. 'Aigoo. You had overworked yourself to the point you had formed those blacks on your eyes. It wasn't like you the last time I had seen you.'

Keeping her thoughts to herself, Dahyun was able to give comfort to Y/N if she is even Y/N's comfort. Her small hands had reached Y/N's face, and that was also the time that Y/N's mouth opened, ready to talk.

"I've been waiting for you the whole night, and yes, you came at midnight."

"I-it wasn't supposed to be at this hour."

Dahyun's hands fell by the time Y/N had talked. She looked straight at Y/N's eyes that were faltering. Too much alcohol. It was also new to her ears hearing Y/N stuttering. There was no way Y/N would be too informal. 'So the reason Y/N was sober was because of the alcohol and not on the job? But what if the job was the cause of this alcohol on Y/N's throat?'

"Y-you were looking at me with compassion awhile ago, and that instantly changed seeing how shattered I am?", Y/N's stance was also getting rigid that the paper bag had dropped. Dahyun helped Y/N by laying Y/N's hand and head on the post for a moment before taking the paper bag. What an incredible sight to see a lot of chocolates inside. "T-those are actually for you."

"Thank you."

"Y-You're welcome. Now, I can finally-"

Y/N's back was turned even though those hands were waving. Dahyun tried not to laugh, seeing Y/N's legs were soft as the waves of the water. Seeing that Y/N was about to collapse, it didn't happen since Dahyun was striving under Y/N's arms. If only Y/N were in the right state of mind, Dahyun wouldn't have her knees trembling also.

"Y/N! I asked for you to come here because I needed to talk to you about something!"

"C-Chaeyoung?", when did Y/N become so weak like this? "You are saying it wasn't successful?"

Zipped mouth, and Dahyun was struggling all because of Y/N. Then again, Y/N stumbled a little that Dahyun had to bear it again. "Come on, Y/N! Get yourself together! Your home's a bit far away, and you only have me! Make it a bit easier for me, please."

Y/N did not mind it, and maybe all that's inside Y/N's mind were the faint view of the city. It's as if Y/N was only floating just because Dahyun is carrying one arm.

"Don't bring me home.", Y/N whispered. "I wouldn't want to go home."

"What?! Then where are we going?!"

Dahyun wondered why Y/N is getting heavier, so she looked up to see that Y/N is almost asleep. It's tiring her to the point that she just went to the nearest inn. In a rush, they had already occupied a room, and she was glad nobody noticed her. Slowly laying Y/N on the bed, she looked at Y/N's peaceful face now. "Cause why is it always Chaeyoung?"

Her lamp on the nightstand is still supporting her in the dark. It's past midnight, but she isn't feeling well enough to get herself to sleep. Her mind was remembering how Y/N looked at her differently and how she felt betrayed herself, pushing Y/N away. Her arms were under her head, dazed at that moment. 'Why do I care about Y/N?'

The feeling of uneasiness made her shift onto a sitting position with her fingers playing by themselves. 'What explanation shall be provided?'