Chapter 15: Only

It wasn't strange, but it's somehow unusual for Dahyun that Mina is right in front of her, standing with a pursed lips. Dahyun tried to clue the unspoken words with the sudden gaze, but she couldn't read through her. On the other hand, Mina knows what Dahyun would do the moment she steps up in front of her door. She couldn't bring Tzuyu as that would only raise suspicions.

"Need something from me, unnie?", Dahyun did not bother to look whose lights are still on.

"Crooky night.", Mina hugged her penguin tighter and made sure that Dahyun's eyes should be able to see it, to see how frightened she is of being alone at this hour. "This penguin is of no help."

The lights inside the room were suddenly turned on, and Dahyun went back inside, and to Mina's astonishment, the sounds of plastics were grumbling. All of the junk foods were messily laid on the floor, but Dahyun jumped over to fetch them in an orderly manner. Having enough respect made Mina not enter the room yet without hearing the room owner's answer, and that was a snap for Dahyun to invite her over.

"Unnie, grab some snacks before we sleep. You wouldn't instantly fall asleep, and maybe your soul will be locked up on a pot."

"Jeez. Way to scare me more, Dahyunie."

It made Mina doubt to enter now, but she had to initiate a conversation if she'd like their team to move up. It would give chills, with a sense of guilt for advancement, for Mina to enter Dahyun's room, but she's somehow glad that her socks were helpful in each step her feet had laid. Junk food had been offered, and it was Mina's preference, so she gladly took it, and it was even opened.

"Together with the snacks, it would be great if we talk about something until we bore ourselves out."

As soon as the sunlight radiated once again on her closed eyes, Chaeyoung knew it was the time that the sun had woke up her senses for her to do something. The first thing that most humans do by the time they wake up is checking their phones, so that's what Chaeyoung did. There was a message notification, and before seeing who the sender was, she gave her phone up, and it was apparent that what she read had displeased her almost to the point that she needed to go back to sleep.

Inhaling and exhaling to calm her down, a soft purr was heard outside her room door. She ignored it at first but decided to open the door when the cat continued howling a distressing sound. "What's wrong with you, baby?"

As if the cat had understood Chaeyoung's question, Chaeyoung, on the other hand, did not understand when the cat gave her an answer. She just decided to leave the cat be and opened the refrigerator to get some fresh ingredients that she had got herself from the grocery store yesterday. As simple as she knew about the basic skills in cooking, she did some slicing and stopped when there was a red liquid when she did not even pour some red chili sauce.

"Aww.", grasping her hand because of the pain, she gave Tigris a remorseful look as this cat was the reason why there was blood on the knife. She was distracted by the cat's ceaseless calls. Another wound when the scratch yesterday wasn't even managed well. "Tigris, what was that for?"

Knowing that she couldn't do something to an innocent cat, she just slid the feeling off her. There was a click on the door, and she saw Y/N still wearing the same clothes yesterday except that there was a red stain on Y/N's inner shirt. Not bothering to give a smile and greeting, the latter just took out something and poured it all over the cat's food tray. It's a good thing that it made the cat silent.

"Were you taking good care of Leo?", Y/N took it as a time to orient Chaeyoung. "How come you don't even know what the cat is crying about?"