Chapter 39: Olive

She was asking herself the whole time why she's facing these full-of-themselves men with their heavy suitcases. And now, due to greed, a dispute is about to happen. 'There's no way he would protect me. He only cares about himself.'

Her eyes were shaking, and she tried to look around if what's the easiest way to escape the ravaging people. Death might be calling her as a punishment. She could only think about Y/N's story foretold by Denrose. 'I'm sorry.'

"Y/N isn't a real mafia, Chaeyoung."

There was no sense of lie in Denrose's eyes, but she could see how Denrose had softened as she started to talk. More force on Denrose's grip, and the glass could break anytime. What made Denrose be this nervous just by storytelling?

"We are secret agents that are tasked to seize those mafias to stop those drugs, gamblings, human trafficking, and other illegal activities they are leading."

Chaeyoung didn't like what she hears as she had been reminded of something. At first, she believed that Y/N belongs to them but was only pressured to do so for the sake of money. She thinks Y/N is a good person despite being a mafia, only to realize that Y/N is a fake one. Y/N is better than what she thought.

"So Y/N was pretending to be one to penetrate the different organizations easily?"

"You can call it like that.", Denrose shrugged. "But there's something deeper than that."

"Which is?"

Hesitating, Denrose was trying to turn some simple words that could make Chaeyoung understood more. As for Denrose, she thinks Y/N wouldn't welcome her as a friend anymore, so it's time to risk some more and to let her friend be in love. Y/N deserves to know what love is. It's time for her to bring them closer together.

"We aren't allowed to enter and be progressive in that bad area, and it's even riskier if you plan to do it like that."

"Then why?"

Her hands were crawling towards Chaeyoung's, and she held them tighter together with hers. "In vengeance. Y/N's father and sister's death were caused by the 'Wolf'. And now that Y/N is getting nearer to the answer, I'm afraid it would also cause destruction to Y/N. One that seeks revenge had already planted one foot in the ground. I fear that the other foot would also go down because of anger."

Chaeyoung could feel that Denrose's hold got more assertive, and her hands were even shaking. 'Wolf? A mafia who is Wolf?'

And it clicked her mind when she remembered out of all the people she had dealt with; she had caught a glimpse of a wolf tattoo. 'There's no way it had to be him!'

"Chaeyoung, I don't know why I feel strange, but I had grown accompanying Y/N. I don't want something bad to happen to Y/N without seeing a sincere smile.", Denrose smiled at Chaeyoung this time. "I only want Y/N to be happy, Chaeyoung. Rest assured, I know it would be you. Promise me you would paint a smile on that stupid's face."

'Now, where am I? This is not what I am going after.', The little reminiscing of some moments made Chaeyoung more startled cause it feels like the grill reaper is calling someone out. She swears she will not be eliminated. Not until she'll face Y/N proud and thankful of her. Now all she needs to do is escape for a while while they were all facing each other as if there's a need for a gush of blood.