Chapter 17: Corner

"H-hey."

They wished that the message failed or that the signal would get weak for the moment to cancel it. Ting- and so they heard the sound and got rattled for a moment.

"Chaeyoung?", Jeongyeon just came outside her room and was shocked to see who's at the front door now. "Chaeyoung! I'm glad you're finally back!"

Jeongyeon immediately ran towards Chaeyoung, not noticing that Jihyo and Dahyun were stuck on the sofa with pallor faces. Having a good feeling, Tzuyu also went out from her room and was astounded to see Chaeyoung, but she spoke nothing. She just walked slowly to Chaeyoung, who Jeongyeon is now hugging. Smile, that's what she gave before giving Chaeyoung a hug that made Chaeyoung feel she's still very welcome in this home.

"No, Chaeyoung. Don't worry. I won't ask you anymore where'd you come from. What matters was that you are already here. That's all that matters for me.", it was Tzuyu's tiny whisper that Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon heard, so Chaeyoung responded with a hug that could reach out to two people at the same time. "I'm sorry for letting you go alone."

"There's no need for you to say sorry.", Chaeyoung's eyes opened, and she stared undeviatingly at Jihyo and Dahyun, who instantly looked away. "I'm sorry I gave you some apprehensions.

I'm finally back since we'll be having our schedules again. I'll be better."

A silently shocking moment when Y/N woke up and saw that the platter of the cat was full. 'Didn't Chaeyoung already headed out yesterday? Did she come back? What for?'

There's no need to have a close stance in preparation for whoever came inside. No villain would feed an enemy's cat. A person hopped over, but Y/N had swiftly thrown the person away.

"Hey! I thought you missed me!"

"Denrose, what are you doing here? It wasn't even a week! I thought you needed a month!"

"I expected your move, and I'm alright with it.", Denrose arose with her still jovial self despite the pain. "You're still a good one. Anyway, I finished my mission, so here I am!"

"Damn. Your powers never disappear.", Y/N went to the kitchen and made Denrose shocked to see a tea made by Y/N. "As a return for your return?"

"I feel so welcomed. I'm glad to be back!"

"You never told me about your mission in the first place."

"Do you want to know what's it about?"

"Would I even mention it if I don't?"

Throwing a can of soft drink towards Y/N, it was Denrose's way to celebrate. All those teas should be replaced with something not good for the body every time we rejoice. Without saying anything yet, Y/N just nodded, making Denrose know that she was being congratulated.

"We found something interesting, and anytime from now, you could pull back from your place."

"But I'm close to knowing the inner circle."

"Tandem.", Denrose gave Y/N a soft punch on the shoulder. "We caught someone from the pack. You know what happened after catching him?"

"Stop clicking the pause on the remote, please."

"Fine. The boy who cried 'wolf'."

Not the usual breakfast mood, but everyone did not bother to eat as they were too shocked that Chaeyoung walked in. All were muttering to themselves why Chaeyoung is here and when she arrived and why they didn't notice her come in last night. Chaeyoung remained unbothered and started eating, not waiting when the other members would ever begin eating their breakfasts.