Chapter 47

Song of chapter - without a word by birdy

___________________________________

«Eric's POV»

  "Ahhhhhhh," screamed Violet as her heart shattered.

I held her in my arms as I rested her head against my chest, "Shhhhh."Was all I could say because I couldn't lie to her and tell her everything is going to be alright when it clearly wasn't.

"Eric? Violet?" said Aunty Jane as she saw us on the floor as I embraced Violet.  To my shock Violet got off the ground after wiping her eyes and she walked towards Aunty Jane and hugged her, it was the strongest I have ever seen her. Violet held Aunty Jane as her howls echoed through the hallway.

"Noooo, my son! My baby!" she cried and Violet just held her with an emotionless face and empty eyes.

My phone began to ring so I walked outside, "Hello?" I answered, "Oh okay, I think you can meet us tomorrow I will send you the time and address." I said to the man before saying goodbye.

°×°×°×°×°×°

After hours of crying we all had either come to terms, we sat in the hospital lobby and began talking, "So I got a call from Hunter and Diana's lawyer," I explained, "I told him he can meet everyone at your house Aunty Jane, if that's okay with you?" I asked her and she just simply nodded her head at me, it was clear she had no energy left  to talk.

"How is Felicity?" Asked Ella cautiously as she enquired about the baby. Reece and Ella arrived shortly after Diana passed away, along with Chloe and Markus.

"She is beautiful." Said Aunty Jane. She let out a little laugh as her eyes glistening with tears, "If you all would excuse me I have to go to the bathroom." She said as she got up.

"I was thinking  that we can't leave her alone at home, not tonight." Said Camila.

"I agree all you kids should stay with her." Said Chloe.

"Ya, we all should go home first and pack some stuff because we also seeing the lawyer tomorrow and we can order some pizza because none of us have eaten yet." Suggested Sophie and we all nodded in agreement.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

Violet and I got home from the hospital and she went upstairs to pack a bag for us and I made my way to my study to send emails and make calls, "Hey, Alice can I please ask for a favour?"

"Sure, what do you need?" she asked.

"Can you please fill in for Violet she won't be attending work for a week or 2. Thomas is taking over for me as well," I informed her, "Sophie, Camila and Ethan are also taking family emergency leave." I explained to her. I went into detail about the meeting and work schedules I sent Thomas and the contracts and folders on my desk at the office. I finally cut the call and sat down, it was the first time I wasn't doing anything, I wasn't comforting or planning or instructing anyone. It was just me alone in a silent room left with thoughts and memories playing in my mind. I walked behind my desk and sat down in my chair as I opened a draw and pulled out a bottle of bourbon which brought back a memory.

-------------¥  Flashback   ¥-------------

We sat in my office laughing hysterically as we both held a glass of bourbon.

"That is one of the craziest storied I have ever heard." He laughed, "You know Eric when I first met you I thought I wouldn't like you, but I guess I was wrong cause its seems that I gained a brother when Violet got married." Said Hunter as he smiled brightly at me.