Chapter 13

«Eric's POV»

"So shall we talk business" I asked looking at Cora.

"let's begin." She said with a little laugh,"my father wants to merge,but not with money or shares..." She walked behind my desk, leaning forward and whispering in my ear," Something more binding, like marriage."

My eyes widened at her proposal. She then came face to face with me where our lips were inches apart," Miss Smith.. " She smirked and put her index finger on my lips before moving forward which made me extremely uncomfortable.

First time for everything.

"ahh...Miss Smith..." I said awkwardly as she tried to pounce on me like a tiger pouncing on prey. I tried moving my face as far as I possibly could. My next attempt was to try and get her off me." Cora! Please! " I yelled and she finally released me. I could have gotten her off me easily but I didn't want to accidently hurt her. I placed my thumb and index finger on my temples and began massaging them.

What the hell just happened?

"You scared of marriage?" She asked crossing her legs and folding her arms after taking the seat in front of me.

"No, I'm not. I will not marry you  due to the fact that I am already married. I really haven't been hiding it." I said as I  lifted my hand up to show her my wedding ring," Now is there any other way to settle this deal." The colour drained from her face.

After Cora stormed out my office I called her father to inform him about what happened. We argued for about 3 hours before finally reaching an agreement.

"Everyone go home early today!" I said dismissing my hard working employees. I walked back to the office and began packing up. I thought of how Violet would jump in excitement and break out her biggest smile once I told her that Cora is leaving. Just the thought of her made me smile.

I stopped asking why because to be fair, I don't think I am not ready for the answer.

             °×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

"Hey I'm home!" I shouted heading into the kitchen where I saw Violet and Alex covered in  what looked like ice-cream,"What happened here?" I asked with a smile.

"oh my God! The world is ending. The man incapable of emotion is smiling." she said with complete amazement in her eyes making me chuckle.

"Don't carry on like I don't smile. I believe I give you a few a month." I  joked with her. The ridiculous smile on her face had me laughing.

"Oh my now I'm curious to know how was your day to make you so cheerful?" she asked in amusement.

" My day..."

Oh it was nothing just a little harassment.

"My day... It was eventful." I replied.

"Ha, the one day I don't go to work something interesting actually happens." She laughed incredulously.

Cora came walking into the kitchen disrupting the joyful atmosphere."You incompetent good for nothing woman! What on Earth did you do to my brother?!Don't you set rules for your  secretary to---" I cut her off before she could go any further.

"Miss Smith, please meet my wife, Violet Kathrine Renorez." I said in a calm voice though I was pissed that she had the audacity to talk to Violet like that. I didn't miss the shock on Violet's face when I finally introduced her and Cora stormed off.

"You know it's a good thing we don't own a dog or she would have turned it into a scarf." said Violet as she watched her walk away.

I raised an eyebrow at Violet. Violet really did fascinate me more than I would like to admit and I guess that's what I hated the most,"Rose can you please draw Alex a bath?" I  asked as Rose enters the kitchen.

"Sure I will." said Rose grabbing Alex's hand and left.

«Violet's POV»

Just as I was walking to my room I heard 'Cruella' shouting loudly in her room throwing a tantrum. It sounded like she was in the middle of a conversation on her phone with a friend, I assume. It wouldn't hurt to hear would it.

It not like I am invading anyone's privacy...

I shook my head and continued to listen.

"Can you believe the whore he's married to? She is so ugly! She has no taste at all."

How dare she?! I have impeccable taste.

Not like she would know what that word even means.

" I mean how on Earth could he like that sorry excuse for a wife. I wonder if he cheated on her, cause if he did I wouldn't be shocked. " she went on.

That's it!

Just as I was about to attack her, a mascular arm wrapped around my waist and a plam covered my mouth. I kicked and wiggled my arms legs in the air. I happened to know my attacker the moment I was grabbed. He's aftershave filled the air around me. I gave up resisting and  opted to just calmly be moved away. He carried me effortlessly into my room throwing me roughly on my bed.

"What the fucking hell do you think you are doing?" He yelled angrily waving his hands about.

" I can't handle her anymore !" I told him frustrated.

Eric sat next to me and said, "Violet I get you are angry but stop. Just wait one more day."

"What do you mean by one more day?" I said frowning.

" She's leaving tomorrow." I excitedly jumped into his arms and tackled flat on the bed. after he had  told me that, my eyes began to water and I began to tear. "Are you crying?"

"I am just so happy." I said making Eric laugh. I felt his strong arms wrap around me. We lay for a few moment in that warm imbrace before both of us pulled away and sat up. I told him good night and I walked away up to the balcony. My  heart had been beating so fast. I needed to calm myself down. I took a deep breathe and closed my eyes and suddenly emerald green eyes flashed in my mind. I shook my head aggressively and foused on the fact that she was leaving. I stopped focusing on the scent of musk that sometimes has my mind all muddle and instead focused of Cora Smith leaving.

Finally...she's leaving.
---------------------------------------------------------

Meme: