Chapter 48

Song of the chapter - Rise up by Andra Day

___________________________________
«Violet's POV»

I spent the whole morning looking up at the ceiling as time flew by, nothing felt real it was as if yesterday was just a horrible nightmare but the sound of a doorbell ringing downstairs assured me that was no nightmare but a harsh cruel reality.

I got off the bed and neatened up my dress before walking back downstairs, "Good morning Mrs. Williams." He said as he entered.

We all made our way to the dining room, "Hello, I am Josh Parker, Hunter and Diana's lawyer. I am really sorry for all of your loss, Hunter and Diana were wonderful people." He said introducing himself, " but as you all are most probably aware that I am here to talk to all of you about their will."

Emma brought a tray of coffee and placed it on the table before sitting down as the lawyer began to speak, "In the will of Hunter Braxton and Diana Paige Williams it states the following: Emma Sarah Brown, your sister left her car for you. Camila Livia Santos, Hunter left his telescope. Ethan Jaxson Blake, Hunter left you his katana. Sophia Isabella Quarters, Hunter left his crystal wine. To everyone else present, you all can help yourself to the items in their home before it all is sold. Violet Katherine and Eric Dominic Renorez you both are the godparents and soul guardians of Felicity Lyra, are you both aware of that?" He asked.

"Yes, we are," I answered.

"If you both can no longer take up the responsibility you can always have another family member become a guardian or there is always the other option which is adoption."

"Hey, no we knew the responsibility we accepted it when they told us." Said Eric quickly.

"Yes, we would love to unless…" I trailed off looking towards Aunty Jane.

"Honey no, it best if Fel grows up in a stable home with a mother and father that won't be 80 by the time they are 15, and as long as I get my visits I will be happy." She smiled which sadness residing in her eyes.

"Okay, then I will schedule a court appearance to adopt her." Said Josh, "I will sort out all the information needed for the adoption to take place this week. I believe her Aunty Emily, Diana's sister and father have offered to take care of the child whilst you all make the funeral arrangements."  He explained," Is that okay with you Mrs Williams?" He asked Aunty Jane for clarification. She nodded with sad eyes. I knew that she wanted to be with Felicity but I also  knew that she was aware of her current mental state making her unable to fulfill that duty.

"Okay then, the sooner the better ." Said Eric.

"What time is Emily taking her?" I asked curiously.

"later on in the afternoon at around 5 pm." said Josh.

"Okay, I want to see her before Emily takes her home," I told Eric and he nodded.

"Before I leave I would like to give you all these letters, Hunter left them for all his friends as well as his mother and Diana left letters for her father and sister. Eric and Violet this is a letter from them for their daughter and all Diana's jewelry is left to felicity as well as the money left in their bank accounts after their debts are paid off along with the money made once their house and items in the house are sold. It will all be kept in a bank account that felicity may obtain when she is 18." He explained after he handed out the letters.

After the lawyer left I walked up to the guest room and placed the letters I got in my handbag before going to help the others clean the house and then Eric and I left for the hospital to see little Fel.