Chapter 40

It's been two weeks since the New Years party and Eric and I went for my first prenatal appointment. We both ended up crying when we heard our baby's heart beat. I discovered I am about 3 months pregnant but Today is the day.

Today is my birthday.

I turned around to face Eric but the bed was empty to my dismay. I woke up quickly and pulled out my outfit I was going to wear today, it was a beautiful red shifon dress with spaghetti straps that held my waist and then flared out.

 I woke up quickly and pulled out my outfit I was going to wear today, it was a beautiful red shifon dress with spaghetti straps that held my waist and then flared out

After my shower I made my way downstairs and followed the alluring sent, of want I assume is chocolate chip pancakes. I smiled as I entered the kitchen and saw a handsome almost shirtless Eric is black sweatpants and a cute floral apron on.

"ohh, I could so get used to this." I told him laughing as I took sat on the barstool infront of him.

"Happy birthday, love." he said to me as he leaned across the table and gave me a sweet morning kiss.

We pulled away when we heard the kitchen door open. I smiled as I saw Rosa holding a bouquet of red roses, with red heart-shaped helium balloons that said happy birthday in white cursive writing with a little cute card in the bouquet.

"Happy Birthday darling." she said leaving the present on the counter, "A delivery man handed this to me as I came in." she smiled.

(Rose bouquet and heart shaped balloons, just imagine it has happy birthday written on it 😅)

I got up from my chair and walked toward the vase. I got one every year with out fail. I began counting them as I smiled widely, The roses always increased by one every year so this year there were 24 roses because that's how old I am. I pulled out the card that was secretly stuck to a box of my favorite chocolates.

"Who's is from?" asked Eric curiously.

"I don't know." I told him as I read the card, "Every year with out fail I get one and it always has a sweet message but it never says who it's from" I explained to him.

"That's no creepy at all." he said to me and I threw a spoon that was on the counter at him, "Hey!" he complained

"it's not creepy it's sweet. It also probably someone I know because who else would know my favorite, colour, flowers and chocolates." I told.