Chapter 7

«Eric's POV»

Seeing my mother's gentle smile warmed my heart. I was suddenly grateful to Violet for dragging me here. My mother is my life she is the person who encourages me to be the best that I can be.

My body froze when my eyes spotted him. I never considered him my father, to me he is nothing. After all he had done...I could never understand how forgiveness came so easily to my mother. He ruined her life and I  could never forgive him for that. The rage that I have bottled up all my life slowly began to boil up and consume my thoughts until a warm hand touched my shoulder. I looked down to see Violet beside me.

"Are you okay?" She asked fill of concern. I felt my anger slowly slip away with just the sound of her gentle voice and suddenly my mind when blank. I had no idea why?

"I am okay." I ressured her but I knew all to well that it was a lie, I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince her.

We sat down at the table mingling with everyone until I noticed, Violet's droopy eyes. She looked like she was about to pass out any minute. I let out a little chuckle as I reached out for her to help her up. I wrapped an arm around her waist and guided her towards the car.

When we reached home I carried Violet to my room, because there was no way in hell, I was walking up another flight of stairs. Ah, she is so peaceful when her mouth is shut. I walked to the other side of the bed and laid down letting sleep take over me.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

The next morning I woke up to a head nestled into my chest, her body curled into mine. With my arms wrapping around her, before I could do anything, I saw her eyes slowly flutter open and I quickly shut mine.

«Violet POV»

Warmth.

All I could feel was warmth. I slowly opened my eyes and came in line with a mascular chest. I lifted a finger and poked the skin to see if it was real.

Of course it's real, fool.

Looking up I saw Eric, his emerald eyes were now looking back at me laughing. I groaned and turned to my right facing away from him, snuggling deeper beneath the blanket.

" I guess your not a morning person." He said whilst laughing. His morning voice...Why was this man so perfect!?

"Whatever." I said and went back to sleep and with that he left for work. Then it was suddenly cold, way too cold.

°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

I felt the sunshine on my face and the irritation of light shining through my eye lids, I groaned and slowly opened my eyes. Where the hell am I? I looked around and saw a black and grey room with a large glass  walls and windows.

What is it with glass and this man?

Suddenly I remembered this morning. Of course, why am I left with such awkward moments all the freaking time.