Chapter 49

Song of chapter — Don't forget about me by cloves

___________________________________

It's been almost a week and Felicity was officially a Renorez and we stood in the cemetery in front of two black shiny coffins placed side by side as Eric held Fel in his arms. Colorful flowers such as pink, yellow, white, and blue were placed on top with multiple bouquets surrounding us as well as lots and lots of people gathered standing together. Tears welled up in my eyes as I took in the scene.

The funeral began and I could barely focus as tears welled up in my eyes and the aching pain in my heart grew worse. When I heard my name being called I walked up and began to say the eulogy I had prepared, "Thank you, everyone, for being here. I have never done this before sooo... anyway, Hunter was my friend, he was my shield that protected me when I need it most, he was my confidant but most of all he was my brother. He made me laugh when I wanted to cry and he held my hand when I was afraid of the darkness and taught me to fight when I felt helpless. I will never forget the first time I met him, I bumped into him as I ran away from a group of girls and he protected me from them, it was quite a surprise to me because it was the last thing I expected him to do. He has always been there when I needed him most, all I had to do was call and cry and in a matter of seconds, he was there with two cups of coffee. He was a kind, loving, and boisterous person that holds a special place in our hearts because that was the type of person he was who left an everlasting impression on anyone. I never thought I would end up living life without him, without his loud laughter that makes you laugh no matter how hard you try not to, without his stupid joke and annoying ways, without his warm hugs and soft smiles that I will miss every second of my life. Now we all have to go on and find a different way to live life without out him no matter how hard it is. Hunter was an amazing man who shall live forever in our hearts, he is gone but not forgotten." I said. Throughout my whole speech, my voice stayed stable and fluent but my eyes were filled with tears that flowed out. The salty substance was evidence of the unbearable pain I felt, the worst pain of all is caused by wounds one cannot see. It always hurts the most.

Emma went up next and delivered a heartfelt eulogy for her sister, " Diana was my best friend as well as a mother figure to me. when we were younger our mother passed away and it was just the two of us with my father and our lives were falling apart but Diana took charge and filled in my mother's fairly large shoes. She sacrificed her childhood to look after my father and me because to her, family came first. Diana had a very altruistic nature, she always put other people before her no matter what. I can proudly say my sister was an amazing person who changes the lives of many and I shall dearly miss her but no matter where she is I know that she is still with all of us, in our hearts is where she resides. May we meet again in the far future sister." Her voice crack and tears streamed down her face as she spoke.

(cue song 😭🎶🎶🎶)

Once all the speeches were over, the coffins were lowered down into the ground and the howls of pain and sorrow mixed with tears filled the air. Eric was my pillar of strength, he held me with his left hand as I cried into his chest and on the other hand, he held a sleeping Felicity.

🎶  If I fall, can you pull me up
Is it true, your watching out?
And when I'm tired do you lay down with me?
I'm in your so I can sleep without you? 🎶

As the caskets were lowered one by one people began to throw soil and flowers on top and then slowly began to leave to Aunty janes house until finally, it was the 7 of us left.

Sophie, Ethan, Camilla, Reece, Ella, and Eric all went up and said something as they threw the soil and flowers down, and finally, it was my turn, I handed baby Fel to Eric and walked up to Diana's grave first.