25: Clash of The Titans

Oh fuck oh god oh fuck oh god I'm gonna die

Calm down, Elise! Panicking will do you no good. We need to plan!

Right, right.

Bakugou's fast and he's powerful. He has a very quick reaction time on top of that.

If I transform into a Lucario, the aura vision might be able to give me more time to react and counter him.

That's smart. You have to be careful though. You don't want to be overwhelmed by the other auras.

Elise grumbled and scrunched her eyes shut. Right...

She heard Present Mic's voice and that was her cue to begin walking out of the tunnel. Wiping her sweaty palms on her pants, Elise stepped out of the tunnel and into the sunlight. This time, the crowd cheered with fervor, but she wasn't sure if they were actually cheering for her or Bakugou.

"Welcome to our FINALLLLLL ROUND! Here, we have two students with overwhelmingly different powers and attitudes. Give it up for Katsuki Bakugou, rocking the stage with his fiery quirk, and Elise Wing, beast speaker, monster tamer!"

The cheering crested into a deafening din as she stared at her friend across from her. Elise took a deep breath and relaxed her stance, giving Bakugou a nod.

"Don't expect me to go easy on you," Bakugou said, grinning.

Elise steeled herself. "I'll put my best foot forward, Katsuki."

"Good."

They both geared up at the same time, Bakugou positioning his hands behind him to work up the explosions and Elise shifting into a Lucario. Now in the Pokémon form, she breathed out and allowed the aura sight to take over her vision. The world turned a rough, inverted navy blue, harsh white lines outlining the object around her. Beyond the stage, she saw hundreds, if not thousands, of blurry outlines of the people, each one with their own unique auras clinging to their forms. Elise winced and focused back on the person in front of her. She could see Bakugou's sharp, spiked aura, similar to his explosions, shift from his outline. Auras were in a constant state of fluctuation and motion, they moved in accordance to what the person's actions would be as soon as they made up their mind on how to move.

The spiked waves around Bakugou's hands flared out as she heard the telltale sounds of his explosion getting larger. Elise readied herself and waited. He got closer to her and she bunched up her muscles and eyed his aura. It moved and Elise saw the aura on his left arm aim forward as Bakugou arched towards her. Elise leaped forward and slid underneath him, launching a furry fist into the ash-blonde's stomach. It worked in her favor as he couldn't stop in time, her fist hitting his stomach harsher thanks to his opposing momentum. She heard him grunt and Bakugou dropped down to catch his breath.

Elise turned back and watched the aura around him carefully. It flared out once more and Bakugou lunged at her, hands extended. She managed to dodge him but as he passed her, she saw his aura aiming towards her. Elise threw up an arm just in time to block the explosions from hitting her face. The smell of burning hair filled her nose as heat scorched her arm. A hand grabbed the same arm and yanked, pulling and throwing her across the stage. She hit the ground harshly, tumbling head-over-heels before managing to skid to a stop. Elise scowled at Bakugou's outline, forming a ghost-like bone spear in her left hand. A flick of her wrist sent the bone rushing to Bakugou, Elise leaping towards him right after. She eyed him as his aura moved to the right to avoid the bone. Her lips quirked as she pounced and slammed into him.