68: Duality of Us

The TDL was as busy as yesterday, but only this time, Elise was able to watch the class train and see the array of Ultimate Moves that her friends had created.

I can't train yet, but I should write down plans and ideas that I can do. Write down good Pokémon team combinations for different circumstances.

That would be the best route of action, yes.

She clenched her hands, staring idly at her palms.

Maybe with this new... development, I can utilize it in some way.

"Wing."

Aizawa's call made her jerk her attention away from her hands to the man, who had finally finished his conversation with the golden-haired icon next to him. That was her cue to go and she moved from her spot staring at everyone. All Might, in his too-big clothes, waved at her and Elise returned the gesture hollowly as she followed after her homeroom teacher. They took the same path as before, still empty of anybody as those not busy training enjoyed their final days of summer break.

"Nezu and I will wait outside of the room," the man said as they rounded the hallway to the nurse's office. "Recovery Girl will be in there with you so if anything happens, just yell."

They stopped in front of the door, Nezu waiting patiently to the side. Though the mammal had the same blasé attitude, there was something beneath that veneer of a smile that set her off.

"Ah, there you are, Wing-chan! The specialist is inside. Everything's set up and good for you to go."

Elise winced, hesitating just right in front of the door.

I'm...I'm scared.

You got this pipsqueak!

All will be fine.

A hand landed on her head and she flinched, glancing up to see her teacher beside her. He wasn't looking at her, but at the same door she was staring at. "I'll be here."

His words gave her comfort and the girl inhaled, straightening up. A resolute fell over her face and she nodded. The man gave her a minute smile and ruffled her hair before stepping back.

Elise stepped forward.

Inside, the nurse's office had the same old beds pushed up against the walls. But in the other corner, a curtained divider had been set up to create a space. A series of machines had been set up within that space and a man loitered amidst them. Recovery Girl stood just at the edge of the curtain, watching everything over with a critical eye. Upon seeing her, the lady tottered over with a smile on her face.

"Good morning. I hope you've slept well!" The woman greeted.

She nodded, going along with the hero. A machine rattled to life and the girl jumped.

"I made the man go over the procedures with me. You'll be perfectly fine with me by your side dearie, nothing to fear." Recovery Girl tapped her needle cane threateningly onto the linoleum floor as she added quietly, "These bones may be old, but I've worked as a hero long enough to take down a man like him if he threatens one of my students."

The man let out a little victorious noise as something clicked into please in his corner and turned around, tucking his purple bangs back behind his ears. He jumped when he saw the girl standing a the door, red glasses slipping down the slightest bit.

"Oh, you're here! Hello, hello. You must be the student that Nezu called me in for, correct?" he asked, tilting his head. He didn't wait for an answer as he patted the bed near the machinery. "Everything is set up so you can sit here and I'll explain what we need to do."