39: Get Chewed Out By a Dog Detective, But Hey! You Did Well, Kids

Later that night, after Elise and the three boys were rushed to a hospital, she heard that one of the Hero Killer's ribs had pierced his lungs. Everything was a blur as they split her and everyone off to do checkups.

Now there she was in a bed, a doctor hovering over as they gave her a rundown of her injuries. "Alright miss, you have very heavy bruising around your torso and midsection, but that's the extent of it. Aside from feeling sore and pain when moving too much, you won't experience any other side effects. The road rash on your face and wrist where your costume sleeve tore should heal without any scars as long as you take care of it!" The doctor handed her a paper bag, with all of the medical necessities in it

"Thank you, ma'am," Elise replied, taking the bag. "The other boys that came here with me, are they alright?"

The doctor hummed, flipping her papers back neatly onto the clipboard and tucking it under her arm. "While I can't give you specifics, those who can be moved will be moved to one room after we've checked that there will be no complications, so don't worry! Try to get some rest, alright? Since you're interning under Madara, the hospital has already contacted his agency to notify them that you're alright." The woman gave her a few departing words before leaving to deal with other patients.

Left to her own devices, Elise absent-mindedly messed with the bandages on her face. They had put a wad of gauze on her cheek and covered the scratches, but any movement made the tape holding it tug on her skin. That combined with the itching distracted her. Her right wrist had a similar treatment, bandages winding around it.

Hey, at least I can match W—OH NO WRAITH!

She jolted up but grunted in pain as her sides ached. Gingerly resettling herself against the propped-up pillows, Elise carefully reached for her phone and pager. Trying to turn on the pager showed a low battery icon and Elise sighed. Without any contact number given to her, there was no way else to contact the others. She hoped that everyone was okay on the other end and that they wouldn't worry about her too much. Even with the hospital contacting the agency, she wasn't sure when Madara would receive the news.

Elise, I'm sure they're fine. They had someone else with them who would have been able to call for help if need be.

You're right... Plus they were in a populated area anyway.

Checking her phone, Elise gaped at the time. It was currently two in the morning, the hours seemingly passed by in the turbulent chaos of Hosu. Now that she realized how long she was out busy with the attacks, exhaustion slammed into Elise like a truck. She leaned back with a sigh and closed her eyes, dead-tired and hoping to find sleep. Despite her weariness and the surprisingly comfortable bed, no sleep came to her as she laid there. Elise hoped that the three boys with her were faring better.

***

It was morning when she was finally able to meet up with the boys. They were moved together to a room, four beds for four kids. All of them had the same pale-blue hospital outfits and varying amounts of bandages on them. The others had wounds on their arms too, though it was much lesser than Iida's. Both of the bespectacled male's arms were in casts, bandages running up and down those limbs. Aside from his physical injury, Elise saw a deeper pain. Electing not to pour salt in his wounds, she opted to allow him his silence.

"Were you all able to get any sleep?" Todoroki asked them as they settled down after being dropped off.

"No, not really."

"Me either."

Elise gave a mirthless smile. Last night was spent staving off panic and horrible 'what if's of her experiences. "Not at all."