68: If We have Each Other then We'll Both Be Fine

"Sensei, is she okay?"

"What happened?"

"Quiet, she's waking up."

"Everyone back away!"

A pounding in her head signaled her arrival back into the waking world and Elise winced, pulling away from the figure she was leaning up against. Her vision was blurry as she opened her eyes and the girl blinked to clear it. She found multiple classmates surrounding her and Blaziken, who was previously her pillar of support. Blearily, she blinked at them all.

"Move aside kiddos and let me see her."

Everyone parted to let Aizawa and Recovery Girl through, her teacher crouching down to hand her a water bottle while the nurse went straight to checking her forehead temperature. As she let the nurse do her thing, the girl wiped at the growing wetness underneath her nose. Based on the reactions from those around her, she knew it to be blood. But...

Why was she bleeding? And why was she on the floor?

"Your quirk did something strange," Aizawa said. "It must've overloaded your systems."

They wanted to see if your quirk was still doing okay. Do you remember calling Blaziken out?

It came back to her. Right, her quirk...that strange blue glow. There was something else on her teacher's face that said that he had more to say, but Elise couldn't mention it while so many of her classmates were around her.

Her teacher didn't bother to look away from her as he addressed them. "And who gave permission for you all to stop training, huh?"

"But her ar—"

Aizawa's quirk flared to life as his eyes flashed red. Elise flinched a little but he didn't see.

"I said what I said."

The result was instantaneous, everyone panicking and dispersing back to their respective spots far, far away as Elise began to pick herself up, Blaziken helping her all the while. The feeling in her chest had quieted into a warm presence, like something had clicked in after the mess, settling into the space behind her sternum like it had always been there.

"Good now?" Blaziken asked her softly, quietly, as if she would shatter if he spoke to her too loudly.

Elise nodded, moving to dust off her uniform, covered with the same dirt on the floor beneath her. Aizawa stood up with too and Recovery Girl went back to stand by his side.

"I think this is enough for today," Recovery Girl declared. "Let's head to the nurse's office so we can sit down and discuss some stuff. Everyone's had enough excitement for the day, especially them." She jerked her head to the nosier students, who—upon realizing that they were caught—immediately scattered and tried to look busy.

With mounting horror, Elise realized that her arm was exposed for all to see. Quickly, she moved to gather her almost-forgotten shirt and her compression sleeve and rounded back to stand with the small group, draping them over her arm to hide it. Blaziken held his Pokéball in his claws but refused to give it to Elise when she reached for it. Upon her trying again, he urged her to walk forward to follow the adults who were waiting for them.

"Come on, I'll stay out to help you a little bit."

Elise pursed her lips in displeasure. However, she didn't want to hold back the adults and relented, allowing him to walk with her as they left the chaos of the training grounds. The old nurse was kind enough to offer her a wet handkerchief to clean her face as they walked and Elise took it to scrub the entirety of her face, trusting her partner to guide her from any obstacles that might get in her way. Thankfully, the paths they took were all empty of people and it was a quiet walk all the way through the halls of the school building up into the nurse's office.