48: How the Others Went

Once Elise, Yaouorozu, and Mineta arrived back at the viewing room after their match, the rest of the matches commenced in quick order as Elise tried not to pass out in her seat. She knew that last night's lack of sleep was going to kick her in the butt eventually. However, she remained awake out of respect for the others fighting, settling down to watch the fights unfold.

***

Ojiro, Aoyama, and Ochako seemed to fare well against Thirteen and the hero's suction quirk until they were cornered. It was a tense moment for those viewing as they watched the trio cling desperately to a metal railing as the hero unleashed the full force of the Black Hole quirk against them.

There was a collective moment of dismay as something made Uraraka release her grip on the railing. As she began to fly back towards the hero, Ojiro had followed suit. Thirteen's quirk had been shut off at the unexpected approach of the girl, who took that advantage to swing a leg at the hero, nearly making contact. That was enough distraction for her momentum to slam into Thirteen and for both Ojiro and Aoyama following suit, the latter with the help of his quirk. Both boys pinned Thirteen down as Uraraka successfully handcuffed one of the hero's wrists to her own.

Those must be moves from the Gunhead Martial Arts, Elise noted, seeing the way in which Uraraka executed her actions. That's impressive.

"Team Aoyama, Uraraka, and Ojiro have passed!"

***

Watching Sero, Kaminari, and Mina try to face against principal Nezu was... an experience. The trio was placed in an industrial complex, not unlike the one that was used for the race they had when the students returned from their internships.

There were originally some concerns as to how Nezu, a three-foot, bipedal, mouse-like being, could face off against three teenagers training to be heroes. But that was easily answered when the camera feed cut from the students to the principal operating a demolishing ball crane.

What transpired was numerous, and possibly even comedic, camera cuts between the three fleeing students and the principal laughing maniacally over his teacup as he demolished the areas around them. An aerial view over the entire course showed that the line of destruction was curving over the entire exam center that separated the students from the exit.

There was a collective air of fear in the students at seeing Nezu's cackles onscreen.

Recovery Girl, who had set up a temporary nurse station in the viewing room, decided to explain to everyone, "In the past, humans experimented on him—"

Elise inhaled sharply, choking on her spit and drawing concern from the others. "Sorry," Elise sputtered, once she was done with her coughing fit. "I got startled by a bug. I have to step out for a moment, excuse me."

She left the room, mind swimming with the new fact that was dropped on her. Through the bond, Elise could feel that Mewtwo was also affected by the information. It felt like her chest was wound into a tight lump. The fact that they would encounter another victim of human experimentation shocked Elise and greatly saddened her.

I'm... sorry.

Some humans... are truly deplorable. But what is done, is done. I do not blame anyone but the ones who were responsible for it.

Mina, Sero, and Kaminari did not pass their exam.

***

Snipe was a noteworthy hero known for his aim, something that Elise couldn't help but fret about as she watched the students face off against him. Right now, the cowboy-like hero had Jiro, Mezo, and Hagakure stuck in their places behind concrete pillars as he blocked the only route that opened up to the exit gate.