10: Ice Ice Baby

"Mornin' Mentor." Elise greeted her uncle. "How was your rest?"

"It was fine, thank you," he replied, flipping through his newspaper. "How was yours?"

She paused and winced. "It was normal," Elise squeezed out. With any other person, she wouldn't have trouble passing the lie, but Lucas and her uncle paid too much attention for her to lie to them. If normal was staying up until two stalking the news and then getting four hours of rest plagued by that one thing I did in the middle of the class when I was ten.

Hey, at least Joel and his entourage didn't pop up.

You're right.

"Oh, dear. Are you still having trouble sleeping?" Her uncle asked, putting down his newspaper. "Breakfast is in the bag on the counter, by the way."

Elise dodged the question "O-Oh! Thank you for the food Uncle!" Referring to Mentor as Uncle always threw him off. Elise always used "Mentor" as a nickname when she was little and the older man was unused to any other name from her. She opened the bad and grinned when she saw an apple, a bottle of water and a sandwich. Mentor's sandwiches were the best.

"O-Of course dear, you need to keep yourself healthy after all."

Taking notice of the silence in the house, Elise asked her uncle about the whereabouts of her brother, "Lucas is still sleeping, isn't he."

"He is. Ever the sleeper, that boy."

"Don't you guys have some work to do somewhere?"

"Yes we do dear, but don't you worry about it."

That wasn't enough to satiate her curiosity but the girl didn't want to be a bother. The door creaked as Elise opened it while simultaneously trying to pull on her shoes. She yelped as the pillow trap swung at her and knocked the girl off her feet. Mentor gave an incredulous laugh when he saw what happened. "We need to take that off," Elise grumbled, rubbing her forehead. Dusting off her skirt, Elise picked up her backpack and ducked under to say goodbye. "I'm going now, have a good day!"

"Have a good day now, I'll get Lucas to take down the... pillow."

"Thank you, Mentor!"

***

The sound of the pencil idly scratching at the sketchbook calmed her. As of right now, she was in her final class, Hero Basic Training. It was said that All Might would be teaching this class and she wondered if the hero knew about her quirk.

Weird how we didn't see him during the meeting, you would think that the teacher in charge of the most quirk usage heavy class would be there...

Maybe he was busy.

He is the number one hero.

Elise heard muffled yelling coming from the other side of the classroom door before it slammed open. Her yelp was overshadowed by All might yelling, "—coming through the door like a normal person!"

Wide eyes stared back at the hero as she tried to get her heart to calm down. Dear FUCK that scared me. Why did that scare me? I heard him coming.

It appears that All Might will teach this class after all.

What gave it away? The yelling?

No, it was the... hair.

Ignoring the weird edge to Mewtwo's voice, Elise looked at All Might. With three gigantic steps, the hero took his place behind the podium. "I teach Hero Basic Training," All Might started. "It is a subject where you can train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get into it, for today we'll be doing..." He started flexing, facing away from the class, with a flourish, he showed them a card that read 'BATTLE' "Combat training!"