14: To Help Others

A/n: Hey guys >:). Big chapter today

"For today's hero basic training, it has been turned into a class," Aizawa announced. "With three instructors, All Might, me, and one more person."

What?

"Excuse me!" The boy behind her yelled. "What'll we be doing?"

The teacher held out a card that read 'RESCUE'. "Disasters, shipwrecks, and everything in between. It's rescue training."

"Hahhhh..." Elise muttered. "Rescue?" The only beings I've rescued are Pokémons...

It can't be that hard.

I hope so, for your sake and mine.

The class was buzzing with chatter and Elise accidentally caught Kirishima's reply to somebody "Idiot, this is the duty of a hero!"

Elise scratched her neck and sighed, feeling guilty and out of sorts. You're an imposter and a fake. Look at all these people, gearing up for a fight. All you've ever done is run away... you're not benefitting of a hero. You took the place of someone who was worthy.

No more of this self-hatred Elise.

It's hard.

I know.

Aizawa's voice interrupted the chatter. "The training will take place off-campus, so we're taking a bus." He left the podium, saying, "That is all. Start getting ready."

Elise followed after the other students.

***

Self-consciously adjusting the armbands around her arm, Elise squinted at all the other students. Most of them had exceptionally well-made costumes and the girl felt out of place and bulky with hers. Her yanking was enough to detach the pouch from her armband's velcro and Elise stared at it in surprise. Something told her that this was going to be a problem.

Now I'm starting to wonder why we haven't thought about the specifics of my quirk and transforming... How do my clothes just... do that???

I believe it is a matter of some sort of skin contact... if it touches your skin in some way, then the article of clothing will follow through in the transformation.

But my not jewelry of anything above my shoulders? How do my jackets and shoes just???

Most likely a plothol—

Iida blew into an ostentatiously loud whistle. "Class 1-A, gather round!" He announced. "Form two lines by your student numbers in order to make boarding the bus go smoothly!" The male resumed blowing into his whistle.

Oh wow. He's really confident...

High respect.

How come you know all sorts of weird things to say????

A magician never reveals his secrets.

He uses your phone at night.

Elise blinked following the students lining up. I can only blame myself. I did give you guys permission to do that. Just... please be careful?