37: Lunch Bunch Munch

That night Elise couldn't sleep easily, though she wished she could have. While she chalked it up to the encounter with the villains because of the meeting with the man, there was a larger sense of unease.

The third day dawned bright and early, seemingly just like any other normal day and after breakfast, Elise was called into the gym in her costume. Inside, Madara was there, overseeing a gaggle of sidekicks sparring with each other. There were a few by his side, too, observing the fighters with keen eyes.

"Ah, Monostrum, you're here," he greeted.

"Good morning, Madara-sama," Elise replied, strolling up to his side.

"I'd like to see how you hold up against other sidekicks today," Madara said. "Today you'll be allowed to use your quirk."

He beckoned for one of the recruits near him, a pale brown-haired male with a babyish face and large curling ram horns. He had leather armor on his chest and arm, layered over the dark long sleeve. Some sort of powered bracers was on his feet and he had a staff on his back.

"Monostrum, meet Billy Goat," Madara introduced.

"Hello," the boy greeted, cyan eyes regarding her calmly.

Elise smiled. "Hello, nice to meet you."

Madara led them to an empty sparring ring, similar to the one she faced Wraith in. "You two will be sparring each other today." He said. "You'll be allowed to use your quirk and any aid that your hero outfit gives you. As always, please keep damage to a minimum. It'll end when someone is pinned for more than a minute, goes out of bounds, or taps out."

Elise nodded and walked into the ring, turning to face Billy Goat, sliding a leg back and bringing up her fists loosely clenched.

I'll shift into Scyther and see his fighting abilities first. Then I'll see if I need to call upon any other Pokémons.

Across from her, Billy Goat did something similar, except instead of bringing his fist up, he lowered his head so that his horns were faced towards her. Both of them waited for the signal.

"Go."

Before her, Billy Goat's stance seemed to shift. He tensed, lowering his horns even further. Elise saw that and immediately shifted into the large mantis-like form of the Scyther, leaping up over the sidekick's form as he charged at her. She didn't waste time and pivoted around, jumping on him. To any viewers, it just looked like a green blur as she moved. Thanks to her new form, it allowed her largely increased speed, and the scythes on her forearm allowed for sharp attacks.

Billy Goat must have felt the weight of her form on it as he tried to dislodge her by shaking his head vigorously. Elise anchored herself by hooking her scythes to his curling horns. She felt him fumble for the staff on his back and knocked it from his hand as he got a hold of it. The weapon went flying and rolled to a stop on the other side of the ring. Billy Goat growled and her world tilted and he pitched forward in an effort to pin her under his horns. In a flash, she was off and in front of the sidekick, between him and the staff.

That made him pause, hesitation clear on his face at the speed at which she moved. His eyes flickered over her strange frame and to the staff behind her. Elise took advantage of that hesitation and crossed the sythes on her forearm, an 'x' of white energy forming and shooting towards Billy Goat as she slashed her arms. It crashed into Billy Goat as he braced himself, feet making shallow gouges into the floor as the impact explosion pushed him back.

I'm going to need help. He was a lot stronger than his stature let on, so Elise had to switch up her plans. One of her larger Pokémons could pin him, but Elise didn't know if that counter of if she had to pin him herself. It didn't hurt to have some assistance anyways. Elise sent of another 'x' scissor and shifted back, forming a Pokéball with a flick of her wrist. A click and Lucario was side-by-side with her.