30: Costumes, and Obstacles, and Cough Drops, Oh My!

Aizawa started that morning off with yet another announcement. "It's been a while since you've had your hero outfits. No doubt, after the combat training with All Might, you'd found some problems with your costume designs. Since you're going to be having your internships next week, it's vital that your outfits are in the best shape they can be, so you'll be spending this period to note anything you want to change about your costume. Those, along with your costumes, will be sent off to the company on Wednesday where they will be adjusted and upgraded accordingly."

Mina raised her hand. "Will we be skipping hero training then? Since our costumes will be gone?"

"No," Aizawa sighed. "You will still be having hero training with All Might. Just use your U.A.-given exercise uniforms. Any other questions?"

No one raised their hands and Aizawa grunted. "Alright. Take a form from my desk for your costumes. Those that do not see fit to fix your outfit still take one and fill it out for costume repairs. Be quick." He unrolled his sleeping bag and curled up behind the podium.

Soon the students all had forms in front of them, Elise fiddling with hers in contemplation. There was a blank panel that took up most of the left side, where she had drawn the basic sketch of her hero costume. To the right were spaces to fill in her basic information and for any extra notes that she wanted to add.

Elise glanced at her sketch, pencil idly tapping her lips. The armbands got in my way, so it's probably best to eliminate them. They were weighing me down anyway.

She could feel Mewtwo's and Blaziken's silent approval as they too tried to help her. Some sort of earpiece holder, perhaps? Yours always fall out when you shift.

Yeah. I think a patch that attaches to the back of my neck connected with a cord that can hold the earpiece in place might work. When I shift, it'll hold it there so I won't lose it even if it falls. It'll be held by the cord.

There are water-resistant adhesive tapes. They can work well for the patches.

Right, right. I'd probably ask for the cloth to be made up of sturdier fabric too. Those should be good enough upgrades. I'll put some notes down for the costume design team. Lucas told me he wanted to work on the gloves so I'll bring them home for him.

Her pencil flipped back and forth from end to end, Elise switching between erasing and drawing. Her finished outfit idea finally formed on the paper and with a satisfied nod, she switched to the writing notes.

'-Skin contact with all parts of outfit preferred.

-Please leave the gloves as is, that is personal property.

-Pokéballs are magnetic, if possible please incorporate three strips on each side of the belt. Thank you.'

She was one of the last to turn in her form, after double-checking everything. Hopefully, her costume wouldn't be changed too much from its original design. Elise sat down, pulling out her sketchbook to jot down some sewing pattern ideas for later.

"Oi."

Elise looked up. "Mm, yeah Katsuki?"

"Did you ever ice your shoulder?" He muttered.

"Oh shoot, no."

Katsuki sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose, discreetly dropping a small round jar of ointment on her table. "Knew it. You're pretty fucking ditzy for someone who's ranked sixth in the class."