8: Big School and Social Anxiety Does Not Mix But Hey We Got Friends

The sun peeked into the peaceful room in contrast with the turmoil of the slumbering figure. Unseen spirits rampaged across closed eyelids as Elise's form went rigid. The tension broke as her eyes snapped open, Elise's form sitting and turning off the alarm that was about to go off. Ragged breaths broke the silence of the room as the girl tried to calm herself.

Bad dreams?

The usual.

It wasn't uncommon for Elise to have fitful rests, but they did occur a little less frequently when she moved out of her parent's dreaded house but now seemed to be back with renewed intensity. With a final sigh, the brunette got ready for the beginning of her new chapter

***

There are so many students here, Elise thought. With her nerves shot through the roof, the brunette hid the bottom half of her face in the scarf that she was wearing. The girl came early, planning to avoid crowds of people, but it seemed that quite a number of other students thought of that too. Praying that she wouldn't have to talk with anybody Elise adjusted her uniform with a clammy hand and headed in.

Opening the huge door, Elise saw Katsuki sitting among the empty desks and a few other students. Greeting her friend with a smile the girl took a seat next to him in the cold chairs. April was still pretty cold, and the skirt uniform was not helping. She would've much preferred the male uniforms but that seemed like she was asking for too much.

Bakugou gave her a stink eye. "Out of all the seats in this class, you sit right next to me."

Elise looked out the windows behind her friend, fiddling with the little charms on her patterned backpack. "S-sorry, kick me awake if I ever fall asleep." she muttered.

Her friend yawned and put his legs on the desk and said, "I never said I didn't want you to sit here, dumbass. Plus you're way better than all these other bastards."

Just as Bakugou settled into his new position, the very tall very loud bespectacled male from the entrance exam came up to where they were sitting. "Excuse me," he said, "I'm going to ask you to put your feet down from the table!"

"Why's that?" Bakugou growled.

"Well, first and foremost your shoes are soiling the pristineness of the tables that your predecessors have occupied before you, countless heroes and...."

Bakugou shot Elise a look that screamed 'what is this idiot doing, please get me out of here'.

Elise snorted and silently slapped a hand over her mouth. The male was loud and Elise did not want to get his attention. Ignoring her suffering friend, Elise turned her attention to the entrance where someone stood. It turned out to be Midoriya. She noticed the multitudes of other students within the classroom. Some of them seemed unassuming, but some of them seemed like they would prove to be worthy adversaries.

So many people... what am I supposed to do?

Something yellow slumped to the floor behind Midoriya as the bespectacled male, who's name tuned out to be Iida. walked towards the boy.

What the fuck?

OY

Don't act like you don't say anything.

A familiar tired voice issued out from the yellow cocoon, "Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends." It was Aizawa!