45: Cram It Up Students! The End Is Nigh!

Yaoyorozu's estate, for lack of better words, was absolutely massive. Standing at the already grand gates, along with Sero, Mina, Kaminari, Ojiro, and Jiro. The hefty weight of the books that she had packed into her backpack was almost unnoticed in the awe at seeing the lavishness around her. Elise gazed around, pulling at the neck of her sweater nervously. Before, the soft, puff-sleeved item had seemed inviting, but now it only gave her fodder to fiddle with as the sun slowly roasted her.

It was a mistake wearing this... she internally sighed.

It's okay, Elise. Heat endurance training!

Is that a thing?

Yep!

"I knew she was rich, but I didn't think she was this rich," Kaminari said weakly.

Elise silently agreed, leaning over to press the button on the intercom system. Momo's voice crackled to life, startling her and some of the other students behind her. "Everyone, I have been waiting for you! Please, come in."

The iron-wrought gates began to open inwards where they were finally given a full, unobstructed view of the grounds. The gaggle of students was led up the winding driveway by a butler to the mansion nestled comfortably in the middle of it all, then up to the intimidating double door of Yayoyozoru's place. It opened up to a cream, accented foyer, Victorian borders well-lit by the overhead chandelier and tall windows. More sounds of awe came from the students around Elise as she took in her surrounding.

Woah... and I thought the old house was grand.

Though this one was far, far grander, it did remind her of her parents' house. They, too, had a fair amount of money, her mother being a model and her dad being the head manager of a company. Thus, the house was expected of their price range. Though because of the circumstances, it was always too big and too empty for Elise.

Yaoyorozu rounded the corner and the illusion of Elise's old house was shattered as the black-haired girl greeted everyone with a beaming smile. "Everyone, you're all here! Welcome to my residence." She began ushering the group down a series of hallways. "I've had refreshments and a number of accompaniments prepared for everyone. We'll study in the secondary dining hall and I'll acquire everything from the kitchen once everyone's settled in."

The dining hall in question was just as grand as the rest of the house. Warm colors matched the rich red of the carpet and the dark wood of the chairs and table, though calling it a table was an understatement. Gleaming, it stretched from one end of the room to the other, fit for feasts. Intimidated, the students settled around one end of the table like lost ducklings.

Yaoyorozu moved to the head of the table to address them. "Alright, everybody! I'll be right back with the refreshments."

They watched with wide eyes as the black-haired girl bustled out of the double doors.

"Man look at the size of this room..." Kaminari sighed. "And she lives like this every day."

"I know," Jiro sweatdropped.

There are also a lot of house workers here too... Elise thought, glancing to the door where a maid stood patiently waiting.

"I feel so out of place, it's making me nervous," Ojiro laughed.

Not too soon after Momo left, she came back in, pushing a wooden tea table, decked out with fine teacups, an elegant teapot, plates, and a tiered cake stand with treats stacked on it. She radiated happiness, visible to all of the students, who stared at her. "What is it?" Yaoyorozu asked, giving them a closed-eyed smile.