16: Now We Watch The Anime and Cry (Spoilers-ish For Stardust Crusaders)

Elise up and she groaned and turned to check the time on her phone. It was noon and her heart leaped. SCHOOL!

Hey, hey. No school today, Elise. Remember?

Wait... yeah. Unwelcomed memories replayed through her mind. Rubbing at her eyes to clear them up, she unlocked her phone to read several messages left by her friends.

The Three Musketeers

Machamp: Good morning you two.

AtomicBlonde: Good my ass.

AtomicBlonde: Hey Shortstack, you up yet?

Machamp: She's probably still sleeping

AtomicBlonde: Tch, lazy ass.

AtomicBlonde: Anyways you better reply sooner or later or I'll come knocking down your doors.

Elise smiled and sent off a greeting, receiving a string of complaints from Bakugou and some well-wishes from Shoji. Well, I'm up now, might as well get ready for the day. The girl dragged herself out of bed and into the bathroom.

Elise only barely managed to finish getting ready when gentle knocking was heard at her door. She sluggishly opened the door and was greeted by Lucas. "Morning," he greeted her gently. "How did you sleep?"

"Like the d—Well, I slept well."

He smiled and nodded. "That's good, come on you slumbering dragon, I've got food downstairs. You might want to hurry before Pan finds a way to climb the table."

Elise decided to ignore his nickname and nodded and followed him down. The kitchen was warm and smelled like freshly cooked rice and spices. On the table were two plates of onigiri, ready to eat. Pan whined and headbutted her gently. Elise nudged him off of her with a leg as she moved to the table. "Thank you for making food, I'm sorry that I slept in so late."

"Nothing to worry about! Plus you needed to rest after yesterday, so I stayed home for today."

Elise wilted on the inside. Oh no... he's missing out on work because of me... "I'm sorry," she said again.

"Pshh, what for? I love you, so I do stuff for you, no strings attached."

Elise nearly started crying right then and there, if not for Pan mournfully howling at his lack of attention.

Lucas squatted down and took the husky's face between his hands "You have your own food, dog," he said affectionately, squishing Pan's cheeks. "Is it not enough? Does his majesty require a five-star, four-course meal? Does he ask for the livers of ten geese on his platter?"

Pan shot him and insulted look and pranced away from the black-haired male. Elise snorted at the scene and took a bite of the rice ball. The taste of salted salmon bloom on her tongue and the teen began eating quicker. The rice was still warm and it was filled with salted salmon and the crisp nori on the outside complemented it nicely.

Lucas set down a cup of water for her. "Slow down kid," he laughed, plucking an onigiri from the plate. "They're not going to run away."

Elise wiped her mouth. "Sorry... it's just that they're really good! Thank you!"

"Really?" Lucas took a bite and spoke, "Hm, those cooking videos and Reo's tips really helped."

"Oh yeah! Tanaki-san works for his mom in their food shop, right? H-how is he?"