13: Beach Fun and Movie Night

Her arm was nearly yanked out of its socket for the thirtieth time. She grunted and tried not to faceplant into the sand. The sun shone down on the pair as they picked their way through the beach. "Calm down Pan," Elise said. "Just wait a little bit more."

Just ahead, small waves lapped against the warm sand golden sand. Elise finally stopped and unclipped Pan's leash, not before firmly reprimanding the dog to behave. The husky took off into the water and Elise sighed at the thought of giving the dog a bath later.

Scanning the empty beach around her, Elise gave a soft sign. "Can't believe somebody cleaned up the whole beach so recently. Now to keep it clean." Just a few months ago, the beach was strewn with all sorts of debris deposited by the ocean. Elise liked to clean up what she can, and apparently someone else had the same plan. It's pretty impressive that they would do all of this.

I'm pretty we saw Midoriya and All Might out here once...

Elise blinked. Oh yeah... I'm pretty sure it wasn't. It was probably my imagination. I can't trust myself.

Something pinched her ankle and Elise yelped. "YEOW!" She jerked her feet up and saw a crab clinging to it. She squatted down and tried to dislodge the small crab from the back of her ankle. "Ow ow ow ow. Let go please." With the crab in hand, the girl rushed to put him down at the waves before it would pinch her again. "This is probably a sign for me to stop standing around and start exercising. Come on Pan!"

***

Scratching her head, Elise stared at the little Pikachu doll hiding behind the dumpster. The walk here passed in a blur and Elise barely remembered the journey. The Persian was nowhere to be seen, spooked away by the dog sitting patiently, for once, next to her. She swung by on Friday to make sure it was alright and found out that it was called a 'Mimikyu'. Fives minutes of awkward staring ensued as Elise tried to find a way to approach it.

"I thought that your outfit may be getting too old, little buddy, so I made you a new one!" Unzipping her little backpack, Elise took out her work to show the little Pokémon. The girl has put a little flair on it, the golden Pikachu ears accompanied by a small red bow on the left. Instead of a drawn on face, she had carefully cut out red and black circles and a mouth similar to the one on the Mimikyu and stitched it on by hand.

The Mimikyu crept closer and a black appendage slithered out from underneath and gingerly touched it. It jerked away when she twitched, but came back and gently wrapped around it. Mimikyu scuttled back behind the dumpster and emerged after a few short minutes with the new outfit on.

Elise gasped and grinned, trying not to squeal. AHHHHHHHH, IT'S SO CUTEEEEEEEEEEE. A small thumbs up to the Pokémon and it perked up. The little Mimikyu ran around in tiny circles before it stopped and turned to her. Moving smoothly to her, it gently bumped her knee again and again. "Hm?" Keeping one hand on Pan, Elise dropped a hand down. The Mimikyu stopped bumping into her knee and started running into her hand instead. Uhhhh, guys a little help????

Blaziken was equally confused. I don't know??? Try a Pokéball?? Maybe they want to go with us??

It's worth a try.

Making sure Pan was sitting next to her, Elise removed her other hand from the dog. "Uh." Pan gently nosed the puppet head and Mimikyu turned and bumped the dog. She unfurled her hand and an empty Pokéball formed. It was ping-pong sized, dormant, and waiting for a companion. One press on the white button in the middle made it enlarge into its average baseball.