63: Big Decisions

"Good news Wing-chan, it seems that everything is in order! Your guardian is just finishing up the release forms and you're all free to go," the nurse congratulated her "Please remember to take the medicine we prescribed you. It's been specially designed to speed up the healing process of the breaks in your arm while providing relief for your throat to heal naturally. Don't be afraid to take enough within the limit mitigate your pain, we don't want to create any unnecessary stress for you. Please also keep in mind your planned checkups with the hospital. Have a safe recovery!"

Elise nodded as she was helped into a wheelchair. It was mostly unneeded but used for ease of mind as she was still shaky after so long spent in bed despite going through exercises to strengthen her body. While Recovery Girl was available, healing all of Elise's injuries using the hero's quirk would be too draining. Alongside that and the fact that neck wounds like hers healing wrong would affect her even more than they already would, it was settled to simply leave it be while giving quirk-boosted medicine to heal Elise's arm. That meant a cast and a sling until the healing ran its course.

Lucas, holding onto the wheelchair, began pushing it once she settled down. All of the gifts that had accumulated in the time she was out had been long taken back home, so all Elise had on hand was her phone.

Turning it on, Elise began the slow, arduous process of typing one-handedly. So far, contact with her class had been done strictly through Bakugou's and Shoji's phones, the latter gracious enough to hand his phone off to other classmates while the rowdier of the bunch commandeered the former's phone. It had given Elise a good laugh upon seeing a string of incoherent letters sent from Katsuki's phone before Mina's familiar texting style filled up her screen with emoticons. However, communication with them was far and few as the other students were warned by Aizawa to stop harassing Bakugou and Shoji as well as to focus on training for some sort of 'Super Moves' for the license exam.

Elise sighed, finally finishing her text and sending it off.

The Three Musketeers

getting discharged sooN

AtomicBlonde: I'll tell Aizawa then, Six Arms and I will leave once we can.

AtomicBlonde: Keys?

Mentor left oneunder the pot. The one Mezo's pAents gave us.

AtomicBlonde: Alright.

Machamp: Get home safe, Elise. We'll be at your house.

A minuscule smile stretched over Elise's face as she turned her phone off and flipped it over in her lap. Her attention turned to Doctor Kagayaki, talking to Mentor at the front desk before the pink-haired man turned to Elise.

"Farewell, young lady," the doctor said. "Recover well."

Elise bowed as much as she could, hoping to relay her wordless thanks to him and the team of nurses who were gathered. A few titered endearingly and waved goodbye. Doctor Kagayaki smiled. "I am glad to have been able to care for you. One day, when you grow up to be a hero, you'll care for us. But for now, we will care for you."

"Remember soft foods and liquids for a while until your throat is better," one of the nurses instructed. "Honey with warm water or tea. Not too hot!"

She nodded and final goodbyes were said as Doctor Kagayaki talked to her for the last time. As they left the hospital to the waiting car, Elise sighed through her nose.

Medicine, tea... Super Moves... License Exam... Boy am I in for a treat when I get back.

***